Billet Grille Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billet Grille Question

I had a quick question, I want to get a billet grille for my CAMARO , but I have some doubts, In california don't you have to have the license plate in the front of the car, and wouldn't that kill the look of the grille, and I've seen a couple of cars with the license plates on the dash board of the car facing up, is that legal?

Re: Billet Grille Question

To answer your questions quickly: Yes, depends on your personal taste, and no.

I've been driving without mine for months now and haven't been ticketed for it. I'd say its one of those offenses that you only get hit with when they pull you over for something else (like speeding), kinda like not wearing your seatbelt.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

So you just don't have one showing in the front at all.

Comment

Ever heard of a bored cop? If they are just sitting around eating doughnuts & coffee, with nothing better to do, they will give you a fixit ticket just for something to do.
        Left turn Clide.

Comment

If you're not going to delete the front liscense plate, don't get the grill. It would look very tacky to have the plate on the front of the grill...it would look even worse to have it in your windshield.
          1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Brown
            Ever heard of a bored cop? If they are just sitting around eating doughnuts & coffee.

when are they not?
            \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

In RI im supposed to but i just keep it in the back sear with the bracket and say that it just fell off...plus it helps that my g/f's father is the police chief in town

87 Firebird RIP
              96 Camaro RS RIP
              94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
              02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Yea i got pulled over just for not having my front plate on, showed him that it was in the car with the bracket and that the bracket fell off, and he let me go... never put it back on, but did put the plate up in the window and hold onto the bracket just in case. So yes, you can get pulled over for just the license plate lol. And like silverrs said, it does help knowing cops... i've never gotten a ticket in my city because i work for the city :D
                2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  1 week ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  3 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X