Help! Looking for 4th gen door panel parts - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Looking for 4th gen door panel parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Looking for 4th gen door panel parts

Hey guys

I am looking for a part off a 93-02 Firebird which appears to be discontinued according to GM. Its the removeable bezel which covers the power window/door lock/mirror buttons on the driver side door. It's a little hard to describe, but the part is plastic and looks kind of oval shaped. I had taken my Firebird to the local Pontiac to do some work unrelated to the door, and when I got my car back I noticed that the top portion of this part was broken off.. like a 1" long piece! I was pretty upset and spoke with the service manager, who agreed they would cover the cost of the part only problem is they are now telling me the part is discontinued and they can't find it.

I am thinking that whoever worked on my car made some freak blunder and somehow clipped this piece off. It still escapes me how in the hell they could have done that, the only thing I had looked at which might have in any way remotely been anywhere near the door was the problem report of the headlights switch not working. There was another firebird there that same day... I am wondering if they switched the broken part at the request of the other car's owner. Weird, all I know for sure is that this piece was in perfect condition when I got there.

I hate crap like this. If anyone knows where I can buy this, or if anyone works at GM parts and can look it up I will give you the part number.

Thank you!

Re: Help! Looking for 4th gen door panel parts

call this place. they are close to me, and will have it.

http://www.contemporarycorvette.com/newparts.html
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Thanks Kristen, I'll give them a try!

Comment

I saw some on e-bay last week.
        Left turn Clide.

Comment

if you have aim, send a message to "your car suckz", i think he has some. his name is dan, frequent poster on fbody.com, ls1tech, and some other sites.
          here is one of his ads
          http://www.fbody.com/cgi-bin/partsfs...gi?msgid=43985
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Thanks alot guys!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X