WW SS spoiler fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW SS spoiler fitment

should the SS spoiler mount flush w/ the existing deck, or should there be a little lip. Secondly, both my forks don't touch the rear deck. By forks i mean the 2 supports on either side of the brake light. Othewise the spoiler itself seems to be butted directly against the rear hatch. Are you supposed to use double sided tape or anything to mount?

Re: WW SS spoiler fitment

There should be little rubber adjusters on the underside of the hatch that would allow it to sit either a bit higher or lower. Turn them like a screw to adjust the height of the hatch.
    Double sided tape would be fine to hold the two forks down, as long as the spoiler isn't under any heavy pressure when you push it down. 3M tape should be fine.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman
      There should be little rubber adjusters on the underside of the hatch that would allow it to sit either a bit higher or lower. Turn them like a screw to adjust the height of the hatch.
      Double sided tape would be fine to hold the two forks down, as long as the spoiler isn't under any heavy pressure when you push it down. 3M tape should be fine.
      hey where did you get ur ss spoiler and can i find it without the two supports?

Comment

I don't have one. I was just taking a shot-in-the-dark
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tkdkicker164
          hey where did you get ur ss spoiler and can i find it without the two supports?

The two supports are just for looks, they don't actually support anything. If you don't want them, cut them off and bondo the gaps left. I did something similar to my g/f's sebring, pretty easy, if you're not great at body work, the body shop will touch anything up before they paint for minimal additional cost.
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            1 week ago
          • LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            3 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X