Questions about Claybar, Wipers, and Glass Sealant (or whatever it's called) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Claybar, Wipers, and Glass Sealant (or whatever it's called)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Claybar, Wipers, and Glass Sealant (or whatever it's called)

Hey all. I've not been on here in aaaages so hello :P.

My paint is starting to look like garbage again and before the summer is over I really want to completely overhaul everything... you know.... Dawn it twice... Claybar... then the whole Zaino process. Here are my questions:

1) What is the best claybar available? I've used Zaino's before and it worked alright but I've since used that up and I want the best I can get.
    2) Are there better/worse wipers blades or does it not really matter?
    3) Y'know how when water gets on your windshield and it sort of "avoids" the areas where your wiper blades go? Would some sort of glass sealer or something make the glass look deeper and make water shed better? What are my options?
    4) Does Zaino have anything new or is there something better I can use? I know there are much better waxes and things for better wetness and things but I'm going for long term here... Zaino lasts a looong time as far as polish/sealants go and I'm looking for the long-term solution.

(The site looks a lot better than it used to by the way. Nice going admin.)
    Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Re: Questions about Claybar, Wipers, and Glass Sealant (or whatever it's called)

Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleicvitriol
    Hey all. I've not been on here in aaaages so hello :P.

My paint is starting to look like garbage again and before the summer is over I really want to completely overhaul everything... you know.... Dawn it twice... Claybar... then the whole Zaino process. Here are my questions:

1) What is the best claybar available? I've used Zaino's before and it worked alright but I've since used that up and I want the best I can get.
    2) Are there better/worse wipers blades or does it not really matter?
    3) Y'know how when water gets on your windshield and it sort of "avoids" the areas where your wiper blades go? Would some sort of glass sealer or something make the glass look deeper and make water shed better? What are my options?
    4) Does Zaino have anything new or is there something better I can use? I know there are much better waxes and things for better wetness and things but I'm going for long term here... Zaino lasts a looong time as far as polish/sealants go and I'm looking for the long-term solution.

(The site looks a lot better than it used to by the way. Nice going admin.)

mothers makes the best clay bar kit that i have ever used.

as for the windshield get rain-x. but don't get the wipes
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Re: Questions about Claybar, Wipers, and Glass Sealant (or whatever it's called)

Thanks Kristen :)

I knew I'd heard of one that started with an M but wasn't sure what it was.

Also heard of Rain-X (forgot that too haha). Never used it though.

Anyone else have any tips?
      Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        3 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X