Looking for your opinion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for your opinion...

Okay guys.... I'm trying to get my car to 'show status', and would like to do a bit more to it... I need your opinion.

Here's my ride... many of you have probably seen it...

Do you guys think my car would look good with clear corners? or should I stick with the stock amber ones? I'm thinking the clear might look a little bit 'cleaner', but i don't know. Thanks to all!:wavey:
    Y87 Package
    MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
    BONE APPROVED!
    VANBIBBER APPROVED!
    KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
    Team Black...TEAM EMO
    sigpic
    Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Re: Looking for your opinion...

Yep Clear Corners are a must

Comment

Harrison has got ur car but minus the ws6 hood...hes got clears on his...looks clean

87 Firebird RIP
      96 Camaro RS RIP
      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

would you like the idea of putting on a Trans am rear hatch?

Comment

clear corners, maybe some chrome overlays/another color. a local guy has turquoise overlays, and they look sexy.
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

I'd like to put a trans am hatch on it....the only problem is finding one...and if that one that I can afford...lol
            Y87 Package

MOGOB APPROVED!
            BONE APPROVED!
            VANBIBBER APPROVED!
            KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
            Team Black...TEAM EMO
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah I like the T/A spoiler way better. T/A hatch would look alot better imo.
              Last edited by xmetallicaxguitaristx; 07-13-2006, 08:55 PM.

Comment

if you really are looking foward to a Ta hatch theirs a salvage yard for camaros and firebirds on the internet that you can ask about a TA hatch

http://www.billygrahamscamaro.com/pages/9/index.htm

Comment

I personally like the look of the 98-02 bird a lot better from the front, so you could try the conversion to the 98+
                  -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Your car looks really clean and well maintained on the outside. I'd like to see some interior shots and engine bay pics to better guesstimate if it's show ready. But, from what I can see, it appears to be more than able.

And, this is just my opinion and not meant to influence you at all, I'm not all that excited about the T/A pieces. The base Firebird has much better flowing lines that help show off their lean styling. 1993-97 T/As look too bulky and heavy while throwing off the curves of the body. They still look okay, but not quite as appealing to me.
                    1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

Here are a few engine bay pics I took tonight...as well as an interior shot taken through my tinted glass...hope you like...

The engine...

and the interior....

thanks all!:banana:
                      Y87 Package

MOGOB APPROVED!
                      BONE APPROVED!
                      VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                      KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                      Team Black...TEAM EMO
                      sigpic

Comment

I say, enter it in a show and have fun!! Looks nice. There's always things that need changing when entering in shows, but half the fun of doing the shows is the progression of the car over time.
                        1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

Nice clean car!!! however, not a whole lot done to it. I'm not trying to criticize because I know that mods take money and it's always hard to come by. Yes to clear corners, and I agree that the T/A look should be left to those that have the bulky hp to back up the bulky look. If you're willing to do the work, polishing some of the engine stuff, T/B, upper intake, intake manifold, alternator. It'll give you a better chance in shows, because it is something that alot of people aren't willing to do because it does take alot of work and time ( there are a few write-ups on the site if you wish to pursue this ) Possibly paint some of the interior, and if you don't like the painted look with some of the colors you've seen, then simply sand down the parts and paint them the OE color. It looks so much cleaner if done well and is another appearance mod that is cheap but simply takes some time and effort. You've got a great clean car to start with, a nice looking hood, if there are any shows coming up around you, I say enter and see what happens then go from there. What's great is having a car as clean as yours that would do well in a show as is, and will do even better once you add more to your car and even better, see what others are doing at shows that give them the little edge.
                          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Good looking bird! You should enter some shows. See what people like and what they don't like. Keep it clean and subtle. Have fun.

Comment

With a black car I think clear corners are a must.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X