dashboard crack??? Taillight dents... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dashboard crack??? Taillight dents...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dashboard crack??? Taillight dents...

ok, I went out of town for a week to work, and I came back and got in my maro, and noticed my dash, the upper part where the vent is, is cracked in half?!?! wtf?? It had no crack before, not even a little one, and I know for SURE, that I didn't crack it with anything...so my question is...maybe I should take it out, and use the fiberglass resin stuff and bond it back together...then maybe paint it pewter after I patch the crack, it is wierd as hell...any suggestions???
    Also I was thinking about putting my stock taillights back in, but they have these little dents in them, I'm thinking that it is from having taillight covers over them, (previous owner) is there any known way to fix these dents???
    thanks much.
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Re: dashboard crack??? Taillight dents...

I wouldn't try to repair the dash panel. It's toast. Heat has gotten to it and found the weakest part of the mold. Mine did the same thing the same week I made the last payment on the car back in 2002. I bought a GM replacement panel and a dash cover. The cover keeps the temperature of the plastic panel down by quite a bit. I also use a sunshade when parking in the lot at work. The dash panel looks great so far, 4 years later.

Not sure about your taillights, though.
    1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

definitely not worth it to repair it, b/c it'll probly go again, it's a common issue, our big windshields are like magnifying glasses when in the sun. Invest in a sunshade if parking in open areas for extended periods of time like DanT said. And dents in the taillights? any pics? haven't heard nor can I think of how this would happen pics would help alot.

www.car-part.com you might be able to find the dash piece here
      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

they are like dents from being melted, and since my stock lights are nightshaded, it looks like **** because you can see the dents, they are in the same place on each light...as for the dash piece, is there a difference in the ones that have a stock alarm? Because mine does, and it has the little red light sticking through the vent on the dash...if I got one from a junkyard that didn't have an alarm, would it still work?
        #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

myne just got worse i took it out and it came in 503837575893 pieces it liek desinigrated :(
          <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Is there an aftermarket dash pad because I don't feel like paying $400 to replace my pad :(.
            Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

Originally posted by Stock98camaro
              Is there an aftermarket dash pad because I don't feel like paying $400 to replace my pad :(.
              WTF??? A new Firebird dashboard panel costs $100.20 from gmpartdirect.com. A Camaro panel has to be a similar price.

I replaced mine a 2 1/2 years ago (it cost 86.66 then). It had cracked from being exposed to the intense sun every day. I now use a sun shade all the time and the dashboard panel still looks llike new.
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Mine cost right under $100 when I bought mine. Who in god's name is selling one for $400? And, moreso, who is buying them?!! LOL!!

I've even seen good used ones on e-bay for 20 to 30 dollars.

Comment

Do you have a link from GMparts? I can't find it! :( Sorry for the inconveinience (sp?).
                  Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

I just went up to the parts counter at my local dealership and had them get one. That might be the easiest route to take.

Comment

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

If you need a part number, email them and they will answer back to you in a day or two. Be sure to give them the VIN of your car no matter what part you are looking for - they are anal about that.
                      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X