Stock wheel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock wheel question

Are our stock aluminum wheels solid aluminum all the way through. Someone was telling me that I could take some aluminum polish and polish them to look like chrome. I know you can do that on solid aluminum wheels, but I was under the impression that our wheels are just some other metal with aluminum looking paint over top of it.

Re: Stock wheel question

Originally posted by RawrImAMonster
    Are our stock aluminum wheels solid aluminum all the way through. Someone was telling me that I could take some aluminum polish and polish them to look like chrome. I know you can do that on solid aluminum wheels, but I was under the impression that our wheels are just some other metal with aluminum looking paint over top of it.
    Even if you could, it wouldn't be worth it. You know how long that would take to do? Weeks! I'd say you'd be better off just buying entirely new wheels.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Yes but what are you going to do for a center cap? are yours 97-99 or 2000+. or salad shooters? asfgar as it taking weeks. . try a week all day for 1 week. polished some 17s with a friend its NO FUN!!! wetsanding and re sanding. .. .. .and more sanding?!?!? then you cant feel your fingers and sand MORE!!!!. all in all not worth that much time on 16 inch wheels would look nice though. but not as nice as chrome 17's or 18's. just save time and money till you get "real" rims

Comment

They are 96 Firebird wheels. So even if I had electric things to sand/polish it with, it would be too much effort? I was either going to try that or just get them powdercoated because mine are starting to look crappy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          1 week ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          3 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X