chrome fill in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrome fill in

say you had a chrome bar, now you cut it in half to make it shorter. and we have a piece of ceader inside so the bar stays together. but the cut is still there. what can we do to fill in that slit?
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Re: chrome fill in

Sorry i only speak english.

Poly filler? I'm sorry i don't understand what you're saying :(

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
      Sorry i only speak english.

Poly filler? I'm sorry i don't understand what you're saying :(
      same here, you made no sence

Comment

She has a bar with a cut in the middle. She wants to know how to cover up that cut so it looks like one piece again.

I have no clue what you could use as filler, but wouldn't look out of place on chrome. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
          She has a bar with a cut in the middle. She wants to know how to cover up that cut so it looks like one piece again.
          bingo
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

How deep is the cut? Is it just through the metal part?

You could always get a new chrome bar.

Whats this for anyway?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Maybe a little J.B. Weld.
              Left turn Clide.

Comment

Kristen,

It's an old school trick called brazing, or lead brazing. There are not a lot of people that know how to do it anymore. Basically what it is you have a peace of lead that you melt and form to your desired specs. A lot of old school hot rod shops might still do it. You will have to have it re-chromed but if done right you will never be able to tell it was done. They use it a lot for old grills for roadsters and mirror brackets and things of that nature. Not sure if that is what you’re after but maybe do a search on the net you might be lucky and find someone out there that still does it.
                2002 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1</a>

Comment

Simple welding, and grinding would work here, depending on the metal and so-forth, but would still need to get re-chromed
                  Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                  Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

bondo and chrome spray paint!
                    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

my dad got a dodge ram, and it has those side bars on the bed of the truck. he had to put a tool box in, so he had to take those pipes off. so he still wanted them so he could tie stuff down. so he just mad them shorter.
                      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X