should i paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: should i paint?

i wouldnt change the color but the finish is full of scratches, it looks good for the most part but there are deep gouges(dont knwo if i spelt that right) from keys by the lock...there is no paint left on the bottom of the nose and it starts to come up the front of the nose from scarping the driveway when pulling out, and then while the guy was driving the car here to sell it he covered it in damn lovebugs(little bugs like big mosquitos that have no purpose except ruining plant jobs b/c they are very acidic) so that ruined the paint on the nose..i took pictures of it today but still tryin to figure out hwo to put them on the computer, its a very old digital and havent used it in like a year or two...i waxed it and buffed it by hand once since ive had it which is like a month.... do you think black rims would look good with tinted windows and blacked out taillights and headlights? i dont ahve photoshop so i just tried to do that in paint... they wouldnt look that big there only 18 inch i think
    Last edited by patrick3800; 07-16-2006, 11:30 PM.

Comment

this is by the driver side window
      chips like these are along the hatch in the back and areas around the hood

Comment

pictures dont show the lovebugs to well but here is a shot of the nose & love bugs, i heard bounce dryer sheets help take these off if they are fresh but these are caked on, ive been told to use rubbing compound , ill leave that as a last resort
        another nose shot
        underneath the nose

Comment

here is the exhuast, its all rusted out, im thinking about the slp loudmouth

Comment

if you do re-paint it, keep the same color for sure.

a clay bar shoudl remove all the love bugs and other crap on the car. as for the paint chips, they all look too deep to buff out. there's always touch out paint untill you get it repainted.

and for the exhuast, the loud mouth is going to be very loud, but if thats what you want, then go for. however, look into texas-speed and performance's "Rumbler", its basicly a copy of the slp loudmouth but with a better sounding muffler, and 2.5 tips insted of 3. it sounds better IMO and its alot cheaper.http://texas-speed.com/shop/category...MID=7&catid=46
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Yeah, I can see why you might want a repaint. The only thing you are unduly worried about is the scraped off area on the underside of the front clip. I can gaurantee that every F-body has that. (mine included) You just can't see it unless you're under the car, so it doesn't bother me.

But yeah, definitely keep it that color. :tup:
              1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

ok thanks for the replies, now that i think about it im gonna keep the same color and just re-paint it......here are some pics of the engine

Comment

mine used to be mystic teal..... now its tangelo peal... :-)

Comment

Don't repaint it. i have mystic teal and around here its rare. i love it and get alot of looks. Going a different color is a a huge waste of money. when you can do so much more that will make your car 100x better. Please dont repaint it we need more Teal cars around here. not trying to whore my car but here are my before and after pics with a good wax job and mods below.
                    My car
                    Last edited by Mystic98; 07-18-2006, 12:05 AM.
                    98 Mystic Teal Camaro
                    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

im not gonna change the color, but i think i should re-paint it, im looking to get the vizage kit i think it is or a ground effects kit in the future and those need to be painted anyway so i think i should wait until then? ive got about 2 grand set aside that i can play with, what do you think damages will be for a paint job and kit?

Comment

Mystic teal is really the color that grabs the most attention. People many times cant tell what color it is, it can have a dark blue, to dark purple coloration. certain mods really make it stand out. Get a touch up pen, you're paint looks pretty good besides the trouble areas.

check out my car domain. My car has been through many different phazes, you might get some ideas.

oh yeah. Be proud to have that color, get it waxed and nice looking and take it downtown or to the beach, lake or wherever the local hangouts are. You'll have people talking about you're "custom paint job" you can chuckle to yourself

Mystic Teal cars may not be plentiful, but that doesnt mean it isnt the best. Its one of the rarest colors too.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/teal99camarov6 newest pictures are on page 9
                        Mystic Teal Metallic
                        ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                          Good to see the site is back up
                          by 2.8 Bird
                          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                          2 days ago
                        • FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X