Windshield tinting????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield tinting????

hey guys, does anyone here has their windshild tinted? i am curious cuz i don't have to worry about going to state inspection station ... i found someone who can pass me with the tint... so , i was wondering maybe a do-it- myself project ..... show me some pictures guys..... i won't make it too dark .... maybe 50% --60% ... just slightly tinted......
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Re: Windshield tinting????

i wouldnt do that . i can almost say for surtin your gonna get stopped and the state ticket for window tint is $50 . i know cause i got cought 3 times in one week . to by local and 1 by trooper . no warnings on any of them .

Comment

Yeah, while it would look cool, it probably wouldn't be practical to see out of and would definately be a cop magnet.
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Here is a pic on an Impala SS he just got his windshield done....im gonna be doin the same thing. http://www.ws6zxr.com/showthread.php?t=33393
        30th Anniversary Camaro<br />White with platinum pearl w/metallic midnite blue racing stripes.<br />SLP CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Taylor wires, NGK\'s, Streetglow Undercar neon (blue)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101</a>

Comment

If you know someone who'll pass it, don't spread that name around! That's very illegal and not a good idea. The Troopers alone will have a blast with you, let alone the township cops that are bored to death and looking for something to do.
          It's a different story down south. I believe Florida still allows 1/2 of the windshield to be tinted. Not totally sure though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman
            I believe Florida still allows 1/2 of the windshield to be tinted. Not totally sure though.
            Nope... From the FL Statutes "316.2952 Windshields; requirements; restrictions.--

(2) A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street with any sign, sunscreening material, product, or covering attached to, or located in or upon, the windshield, except the following:

(a) A certificate or other paper required to be displayed by law.

(b) Sunscreening material along a strip at the top of the windshield, so long as such material is transparent and does not encroach upon the driver's direct forward viewing area as more particularly described and defined in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards No. 205 as the AS/1 portion of the windshield."

Anything under that little AS-1 on the side of the windshield is a no-go, in FL anyway.

Rob
            \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

****! Go ahead and do it. Post pics when done.

Comment

tinting your front window is stupid IMO. why make it darker and harder to see out of?? just my .02
                \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

dont do it, tinting your winshield is the gayest thing ever, even if you can pass inspection, your still going to get pulled over by the cops

Comment

plus, you drive a camaro/firebird, not some piece of crap ricer car

Comment

ok... most of you guys saying i shouldn't do it... ok then i won't....i thought it would be a good idea .... NJ cops are a little too serious than other state cops that's true..... it's been really hot last couple of days and i thought that tinting might help lower the temp. a little but i think a little high interior temparature would be a lot better than tickets from cops.... :)
                      09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                        ok... most of you guys saying i shouldn't do it... ok then i won't....i thought it would be a good idea .... NJ cops are a little too serious than other state cops that's true..... it's been really hot last couple of days and i thought that tinting might help lower the temp. a little but i think a little high interior temparature would be a lot better than tickets from cops.... :)

hell no you shouldnt!!! waste of money!!!! spend the money on something else like drugs, alcohol, hookers...etc... you get the idea :)
                        \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

i would just darken and bring down the sun strip a few inches...thats what i did...looks normal from the outside...also there is so much curvature to it that its impossible to do it yourself. You need a professional place that uses heat guns to stretch and shrink where needed.

Comment

Tint the windshield...hmmm...

Just use a couple of cans of black Krylon on the inside of the glass - that will look wicked.
                            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I would do it, but with the most clear tint you can find. Clear if you can find it, its out there.

I've always liked tint, even if it's slight, because it blocks out ALOT of UV, which damages the inside, and blocks out heat.

When I got my maro tinted, the inside must have dropped 30F when sitting in the summer, and the UV wasnt beating in on it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X