Help Repairing Vinyl Top!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Repairing Vinyl Top!!!

I have a 98 Convertible, White on White on White. The Convertible top is White (not my first choice, I would prefer the canvas black) anyway it's orginal which is nice and when clean looks sharp, but this year it has began to degrade and has a few small holes starting. Does anyone know of nice ways to repair the White Vinyl top (no duct tape ideas please) I want to get at least another year of use and then maybe next year I'll have the money to replace and replace with Black canvas instead. Also, any idea how much it might be if replace with new canvas top?

Thanks...

Re: Help Repairing Vinyl Top!!!

That really sucks you can find replacements on ebay for 150. the best thing you can do to help a convertible is get a garage or car cover.

Comment

Re: Help Repairing Vinyl Top!!!

Small tears in convertible tops can be repaired using special 2-stage epoxy or patching kits available at most auto parts shops.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        3 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X