Best way to rid headlight haze and PIC!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to rid headlight haze and PIC!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to rid headlight haze and PIC!!!

Well i know it has most likely been discused to death, And if u are one of those members that yell for posting instead of helping dont bother, but i was wondering the best way to get rid of the haze... My car looks so sleek but then the haze throws it off.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2...roside18qw.jpg
    Read my liscenceplate Frame Corvettenet.com<br /><br />2000 Y87 Pewter A4<br />MODS:Tuned,3.73, SLP CAI, K&N offroad aircharger intake,Custom Plexi-glass Ram Air Box, Red Caliper ,Stage 2 Jet PCM, 3 inch Borla XR-1 Catback,ZR1 Rims Kuhmo 712s,MSD 8.5 SC wires

Re: Best way to rid headlight haze and PIC!!!

wet sand it starting with 800 grit, and move up to 1200, and end with 1400, then get some meguires plastix and give it a few coats of polish.

Comment

polish? the meguires plastix is the polish right? is it sold at autozone?

Comment

I will help givew you the whole process i have used. i used 600, 1500, 2000 grit sand paper. i took a bowl with warm water and a little bit of dish washing soap. i would soak the paper in the water and soap for a min. then start with the lower grit and move up. you can wuit eitht he 600 when you can whipe it and the dingy look is gone. the move up to 1500. do that for a little while then start with the 2000. do this until you get just the fine scrathes in it. then i used polishing compound. plastx didnt yield good results for me so i got 3m rubbing compounds and rubbed till all the scrathes came out.
        98 Mystic Teal Camaro
        Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

this is how i did mine :)

Comment

what was the point of your post??? you dont have to worry about foggy headlights.
            \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 99 RS Camaro
              what was the point of your post??? you dont have to worry about foggy headlights.
              its called a joke, a little humor, and if you cant handle it then dont read it, simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by bah
                its called a joke, a little humor, and if you cant handle it then dont read it, simple as that

oh, HA HA. wasnt funny!!! simple as that
                \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

no need to be an *** about it he was just joking around. its all in good fun. this whole site is. everyone jokes with each other. thats not gonna stop anytime soon cuz it what makes this site so much fun. get used to it or dont use the forum.

side note let me know how this works out for you. im debating sanding mine down and polishing them or buying halo's. post some pics when your done too
                  '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
                  Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

Originally posted by 99 RS Camaro
                    oh, HA HA. wasnt funny!!! simple as that
                    made me laugh haha

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

"damn man, i touch a nerve? my bad. it was a joke man. CHILL!! im happy you like your exhaust set up the way it is."

look fimiliar? seems like you joke around too, think before you post douchebag

Comment

this didnt go well.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X