side molding on a camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side molding on a camaro

so i took the side molding off my camaro today(it was a PITA! the drivers side, when i took the molding off the door, it didnt take the adhesive with it, and it took SO much time. the passenger side, the tape came off with the molding, and took 13 seconds)
    my question is: did GM choose random camaros to put the molding on? most of the camaros ive seen dont actually have it...
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Re: side molding on a camaro

post a pic i might do it
    98 Mystic Teal Camaro
    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

i left my camera in the garage, but i'll post pics tomorrow.
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold

Comment

mine had it, and most that I have seen had it except it is a really popular mod and most people rip it off now. That is why most of them that you see don't have it.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i don't have it. and never have. i pointed it out to steve the other day, and it seems like the next day he took it off. heheh.

you don't really notice it at first on cars, but when you do know it's there, it just seems stock!
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Yeah, mine are turning yellow, and had been thinking of taking them off. I was worried that there would be holes under there. If it's just tape, they're gone. Thanks for posting this Mr Pirate.

Rob
            \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

nah, no holes or anything. my car is new enough that the paint wasnt faded underneath, so i got lucky.
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold

Comment

wow steve your still not sleeping? well i hope that you washed your car for a few pics tonight! if not, do it now! see ya at 630ish
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
                  nah, no holes or anything. my car is new enough that the paint wasnt faded underneath, so i got lucky.
                  Dude, get out of my head! I was just going to ask if the paint was different, or if there was paint under there at all. Silver shouldn't be faded to bad, even if it is a 95. Thanks again.

Rob
                  \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

my side modling faded on my passenger side, to pink, so i took it off. (this was some time back in feb.)

i have yet to take the drivers side off. :spank:

my paint seems to match up fine, and its a red 95.:tup:

i cant decide which way i like it better, but the pink had to go.
                    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

have any pics of this? i have no idea what you guys are talking about...

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                      Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                      http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

Originally posted by airattack111
                        have any pics of this? i have no idea what you guys are talking about...
                        I think they're talking about that little plastic stripe thing that runs from the fender, past the door, to the rear wheel well?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                        R.I.P. '07 Pats
                        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

yeah, the weird strip of plastic or whatever it is that runs along the door, part on the fender, part on the 1/4 panel.
                          kristen- i DID wash my car, just for you! but nooooooooooooo. no pictures :p
                          (it was a half assed wash, so maybe i'll give it a full detail tomorrow and we can have some good pictures tomorrow!)
                          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                          2006 S60- Sold

Comment

before

2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                            2006 S60- Sold

Comment

AFTER

2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                              2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X