Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: side molding on a camaro

Originally posted by stevethepirate
    so i took the side molding off my camaro today(it was a PITA! the drivers side, when i took the molding off the door, it didnt take the adhesive with it, and it took SO much time. the passenger side, the tape came off with the molding, and took 13 seconds)
    my question is: did GM choose random camaros to put the molding on? most of the camaros ive seen dont actually have it...
    Mabey I should try this on mine. My friend doesn't have it on his 2000 camaro and it looks a bit cleaner without it.
    So you just start by ripping it off? What kind of stuff did you use to remove the adhesive?
    -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

i just did the driver side on mine. wasnt hard but i got a blister from rubbing and i need somthing that will remove adhesive. i just got my quaterpanel repainted because of an accident and the new adhesive wont come off. i am goiing to get some kind of remover tomarrow and see if it helps
      98 Mystic Teal Camaro
      Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

i didnt use anything. just my hands. the passenger side, when i pulled the molding off, the adhesive came off too. the drivers side, i had to pick at it.
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold
        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

just had mine pulled off when i had my car repainted.........

Comment

i was gonna do this today but when i looked at my paint i decided not to...since my was was totalled b4 i bought the guys painted it but around where the molding is the paint is kinda peeling off. So probly the paint underneath isnt gonna b a differnt color silver and plus the surface isnt gonna b smooth either....wtf

87 Firebird RIP
            96 Camaro RS RIP
            94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

i just got finished with the driver side that new adhesive was a ***** to get off. i went to advance auto and got soem 3m adhesive remover and let iot set on it for about 3 mins and then i could rub it off. but was still tuff. if you are doing this i reccomend the adhesive remover alchol wasnt strong enough. i got a dirt outline where it was and it is really hard to get off. any suggestions
              98 Mystic Teal Camaro
              Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X