polishing rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polishing rims

i just recently polished a set of aluminum ws6 wheels for my 86 trans am i thought they turned out realy nice ill post pics when i get home. anyway a friend of mine has offered to pay me to do his wheelson his Labarron and he will pay for all materials needed too. what should i charge? i can do two in mabey 3or 4 hours depending. he said he'd pay $10 an hour but either way im making money and doing it whenever i get time so im not losing anything. would thast be a good price or should i go more or less? he just wanted me to get some prices for him. i only paid mabey $7 in all for everything i got to do mine most of it was free stuff and stuff i used from school.:) well give me some ideas ppl

Re: polishing rims

He's your friend. You decide how much you want him to pay you.
    If it were my friend, I'd probably do it for a case of beer and his sister:naughty:
    sigpic

Comment

haha well he doesnt have a sister and neither one of us is old enough to buy beer!:slap: but if i do it woulnt be much he helped me pull the tranny outa the trans am when it was about 100 deg out

Comment

Originally posted by screamin86
        haha well he doesnt have a sister and neither one of us is old enough to buy beer!:slap: but if i do it woulnt be much he helped me pull the tranny outa the trans am when it was about 100 deg out
        Dude...a guy that helped you pull your transmission? Why would you make him pay you for this?
        1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

thats what i was thinking. if you have a parts cost have him pay that but nothing else. pulling a tranny is no easy job and im always gratefull to lend a hand to those who have helped me pull mine a few times
          '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
          Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

i didnt tell him i would charge him but he insisted i donot plan on it being much if i even do charge him. the only thing i need to get is some stripper

Comment

here are some pics of the ones i did and one of how they originaly looked!
              Attached Files

Comment

Be a sport and not charge him anything. You both have a bond when it comes to cars, and that will come in handy over the years. That alone, is worth missing out on any monetary return.

And, he might tell a few of his friends about how good of a job you did, and even show them his wheels. You might be able to make some money that way.
                1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

yea im sure a few ppl we know will want it done so let us see and im not even gona charge him material cost sice it only cost me $7 to do the fronts but i need to bo buy some stripper i used what we had in the paint booth at school

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X