Question about headlight blackouts (recommendations?) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about headlight blackouts (recommendations?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about headlight blackouts (recommendations?)

I like to plan pretty far ahead :P... and basically on my Camaro (which just got totaled 2 days ago :'() I had full blackouts... all made by RKsport.

Well... The taillight blackouts are just plain awesome. They stay on perfectly without a hitch.

Same with blinker blackouts and fog lamp blackouts.

The headlight blackouts though... Not only did I never like how you had to put them on... that stupid metal peice you have to slip underneath scratched the crap out of the surrounding paint.

Just wondering if any of you can recommend a better headlight blackout system. Thanks! :)
    Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Re: Question about headlight blackouts (recommendations?)

How'd your car get totaled?

Comment

Re: Question about headlight blackouts (recommendations?)

I have, well I guess had, Lund Blackouts on my headlights. I don't remember there ever being a metal peice. It had like 4 places with velcro, and then would be closed under the hood. I haven't noticed any paint wearing anywhere around them. Reason why I said had was cuz I put them on too quick and then drove with them, and one fell off and got ran over by 3 other cars.......If you get them, don't try and put the velcro on while your car's still wet.......
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X