I hate the highways here :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate the highways here :(

Question: How do you fix a chip in your paint about the size of a lentil bean? Its on the hood if you have to know :(

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Re: I hate the highways here :(

How bigs a lentil bean?

Comment

you can use touch up paint, fill it with the correct color, then wetsand it smooth, put some clear coat touch up over it if its big enough, wetsand again, polish, and wax.

ill admit, its harder than it sounds. try to work in as small of an area as you can. sanding is definitely the hardest part. after you fill in the chip start with about 800 grit in a small area, and go with that until the edges disappear around the chip. then put on the clear, and sand that up to 1500, then 2000. then polish and glaze/wax.

expect it to look better, but not perfect.:)

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88
        you can use touch up paint, fill it with the correct color, then wetsand it smooth, put some clear coat touch up over it if its big enough, wetsand again, polish, and wax.

ill admit, its harder than it sounds. try to work in as small of an area as you can. sanding is definitely the hardest part. after you fill in the chip start with about 800 grit in a small area, and go with that until the edges disappear around the chip. then put on the clear, and sand that up to 1500, then 2000. then polish and glaze/wax.

expect it to look better, but not perfect.:)
        Thanks Loochy, your the best :)

And a lentil bean is this big: O

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
        R.I.P. '07 Pats
        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          1 week ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X