What's your tint, have you been stopped for it, and what happened if so? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your tint, have you been stopped for it, and what happened if so?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your tint, have you been stopped for it, and what happened if so?

I'm trying to get a new camaro like my old one... and if I do I'll probably install tinted bulletproof laminate on my side windows like I did last time.

The bulletproof laminate probably kept my face from getting all scraped up with flying glass when I totaled my old one because it kept my side windows totally in tact (the right one shattered but stayed in tact).

Anyway.... Last time I did 35%, which is the max legal tint in this Tennessee... I'm mr. upstanding law-abiding citizen and all... Heck I don't even speed... but when I get my new car I'm considering getting lower tint. 35% tint barely even looks tinted... I'd like them to be black like my car is black, but not so dark that I can't see well from inside the car, or that I'd be stopped by the fuzz all the time and be forced to remove it (which would be hard because this laminate STAYS).

If you're interested in the laminate then check out this site: http://windowarmorusa.com/

It rules... trust me... The guy who invented me told me that a guy would basically have to beat on your windows with a bat for 30 minutes just to get into your car. After the accident I had... I'm not so sure he's wrong... I know the website says it's not bulletproof... but inventor of it told me that actually up to a certain calibre it actually is. Though... I'm not going to sit in my car and let some guy aim a rifle at my head through the glass y'know?
    Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Re: What's your tint, have you been stopped for it, and what happened if so?

I have 5%, but only on my rear window. The side windows are factory tint, which is something like 75% (or 100%, not sure what GM does). I haven't been stopped for it, because it isn't illegal in NYS (as long as you have 2 side mirrors). Two of my friends have Mustangs, and they both have tint. One has 20% tint on the sides (I think), and the other has 35%. Neither of them have gotten pulled over, and thats even with NYS law which says the side windows cannot be tinted darker than factory. But I wouldn't go any darker tha 20% on the sides, due to the po-po getting suspicious of who is behind the wheel.
    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

i have 5% all the way around(minus windshield). ive been followed by, in front off city cops and highway patrols numerous times, but never been pulled over. my **** is BLACK, just the way i wanted. look at my homepage on my profile for pics.
      \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

5% all the way around....never pulled over for it. ***KNOCK ON WOOD***
        30th Anniversary Camaro<br />White with platinum pearl w/metallic midnite blue racing stripes.<br />SLP CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Taylor wires, NGK\'s, Streetglow Undercar neon (blue)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 99 RS Camaro
          i have 5% all the way around(minus windshield). ive been followed by, in front off city cops and highway patrols numerous times, but never been pulled over. my **** is BLACK, just the way i wanted. look at my homepage on my profile for pics.
          It looks good man.

I might get like 15% all around if I choose to do that.

How do they tint the back windows? If I do tinted window armor laminate... I know it'll work on the side windows... but the guy said that due to the thickness of the laminate, and the curvature of the rear window, it would likely be impossible to use it on the rear window.

I've heard the best kind of tint is that with metal in it right? I don't want to shell out for tint then have it turn purple on me.
          Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

5 % all the way around. Pulled over once and ticketed $50. Also have trouble getting it inspected. In NJ it's ILLEGAL.
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

In Massachusetts its 35% and i have 20% all around. ive been pulled over for other reasons but have never gotten anything for my tint.

idk about anywhere else but in mass ONLY a state cop can give u a ticket...the local cops can shove it

Comment

how much does that window armor tint run? that stuff sounds pretty intense
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
                  In Massachusetts its 35% and i have 20% all around. ive been pulled over for other reasons but have never gotten anything for my tint.

idk about anywhere else but in mass ONLY a state cop can give u a ticket...the local cops can shove it

Same in NY, same for me to, 20% all around, plus 20% about 6" down the windshield. I just got mine though.

Unfortunatly, all cops gives tickets here. State cops will give you more if they can.

Comment

off topic i know..but drivin me nuts...how do u change the little thing under ur user name..mine still says "Fbody Owner" and i wanna change it

Comment

I think you gotta pay to do that. aka Supporting member.

Comment

5% all around 20% up front never had a problem i love florida

Comment

Originally posted by elcholero
                          5% all around 20% up front never had a problem i love florida
                          My car is tagged and registered in FL, so I hope that can be my get outta ticket free card. I also have a FL license.

They really dont **** with you over there for tints, they have better things to do.

What part of FL you in?

Comment

im from ft lauderdale but living in orlando till september

Comment

im in tennessee and i have 5 on the back and 15 on the sides.. for the first few nights it was kinda hard to see but it ended up ok... and i've never had a cop say a word to me about it.. and i've got pulled over a good 8 or 9 times by various city cops and troopers
                              1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X