What's your tint, have you been stopped for it, and what happened if so? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your tint, have you been stopped for it, and what happened if so?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your tint, have you been stopped for it, and what happened if so?

Originally posted by bret_xi
    im in tennessee and i have 5 on the back and 15 on the sides.. for the first few nights it was kinda hard to see but it ended up ok... and i've never had a cop say a word to me about it.. and i've got pulled over a good 8 or 9 times by various city cops and troopers
    so you like got used to the darkness or what?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad MOFO
      so you like got used to the darkness or what?
      Yea, I had 20% all around on my other car and at first parking at night, in the rain, or in the snow took time, patience, or sticking my head out the window. You eventually adjust to the tint though.

Comment

A lot of my friends have 5% all the way around, cops here say nothing at all to them.

Look at it this way, if your a cop, do you really feel like pulling someone over for too dark of tint? Its a small fix-it ticket pretty much and the officer has to walk up to a car where he cannot see in the windows. It could turn into a dangerous situation fast if the wrong person is behind the tint.
        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

20%all the way around. Here in MD got one ticket....when he did his light test on it registered at 15%. 50$ non-moving violation... had it on for 3 years....
          - 96 camaro v6 a4... clean but its got one hell of a system :rock:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2423386

Comment

Here in NC, ive never gotten a ticket. But I know quite a few cops, and they can only afford 2 lightguns per squad (20 officers) so you only have a 10% chance of even getting an officer that has the ability to test your tint around here. Im running reflective-smoke 20% tint all around.
            1996 Chev Camaro RS 3.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2233257/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2233257/1</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              3 hours ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X