1993-1997 Camaro Owners. What brand of headlight blackouts do you use? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1993-1997 Camaro Owners. What brand of headlight blackouts do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993-1997 Camaro Owners. What brand of headlight blackouts do you use?

I used RKsport headlight blackouts... but I don't like how the metal thing ends up scratching the paint.

Do you know of another brand that attaches to the car more efficiently?

Pictures would be appreciated if you have any.

Here's mine:

Another:

They looked good [that car is now in car heaven :'( ] but if/when I get another camaro I don't want to get the same brand if possible. Those pictures also shows the RKsport blinker and fog lamp blackouts.

Last edited by Deoxyribonucleicvitriol; 07-23-2006, 12:50 PM.
    Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Re: 1993-1997 Camaro Owners. What brand of headlight blackouts do you use?

I think they are GTS. I peeled the logo off the blackouts. I can't remember where I got them, but they attach the same way you are describing. Mine have a metal bracket on the front edge that a metal piece on the blackout sllides under, and two velcro pieces on the top edge. I'll take some pics when I get home. I really don't think there is another design out there for the bracketry though.

Rob
    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
      I think they are GTS. I peeled the logo off the blackouts. I can't remember where I got them, but they attach the same way you are describing. Mine have a metal bracket on the front edge that a metal piece on the blackout sllides under, and two velcro pieces on the top edge. I'll take some pics when I get home. I really don't think there is another design out there for the bracketry though.

Rob
      That sounds the same :(. I really hate that bracket design.
      Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

Mine were the same, I haven't replaced the ones that got damgaged in my wreck, but they had 3 plastic pieces that attached with adhesive and velcro. Got mine from Jeg's
        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by T-Mill
          Mine were the same, I haven't replaced the ones that got damgaged in my wreck, but they had 3 plastic pieces that attached with adhesive and velcro. Got mine from Jeg's
          Yep.... same as mine...

Maybe if I reinstall them again I can put a sticker or something under where the metalpeice will be so it will scratch the sticker and not my paint.

Comment

Here's a pic of the blackouts...

Sorry they look the same.

Rob
            \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Do you guys have to take these out at night when you turn on your lights? Looks sexy as hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Gelso
                Do you guys have to take these out at night when you turn on your lights? Looks sexy as hell!
                Yeah, I used to leave my back one's on, but take off the fronts unless I was at/going to a car show. You can see the headlights through them, but you can't see d!(k with them on. I took the backs off when it was daylight out and just about got rearended making a right turn a few times. I realized it probably wasn't just them not paying attention, maybe they couldn't see the turnsignal. Now no problems.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                  Yeah, I used to leave my back one's on, but take off the fronts unless I was at/going to a car show. You can see the headlights through them, but you can't see d!(k with them on. I took the backs off when it was daylight out and just about got rearended making a right turn a few times. I realized it probably wasn't just them not paying attention, maybe they couldn't see the turnsignal. Now no problems.

Rob
                  I used to leave my rear blackouts on all the time. I don't think anyone ever had a problem seeing them. It was a 1997 though and they have the tri-color tail lights so maybe it made a difference.

Is yours a true 30th anniversary or did you put those red stripes on to emulate the look?

Comment

Nope it's a 95. I love those stripes and was thinking about putting the orange on there, but nobody has burgandy stripes. I love the color combo. Plan on getting those painted when I get the car redone. I think it looks like a dirty 30th Anny. LOL.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                      Nope it's a 95. I love those stripes and was thinking about putting the orange on there, but nobody has burgandy stripes. I love the color combo. Plan on getting those painted when I get the car redone. I think it looks like a dirty 30th Anny. LOL.

Rob
                      Well it looks good. It's a shame you can't drive around with them on at night.

I've tried it before and yeah... it's like trying to drive with a flashlight.

It's a shame too... There's got to be some way to let the light out and not in, but I guess no one cares enough about Camaros at this point to make a new design.

Comment

I had Lund covers. I think they're huge and gaudy, but there's no metal part, it's just held on by 4 velcro peices. The don't just cover the headlight area, but they wrap around to the black part as well.
                        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                          Good to see the site is back up
                          by 2.8 Bird
                          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                          4 hours ago
                        • FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          1 week ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X