Rims in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rims in general

In considering purchasing some nice rims for my car if I have enough money leftover after buying it...

Just wondering... About how much will a nice pair of chrome rims cost me? ...and where can I get them from?

...nothing super-fancy... just your run-of-the-mill 5-spoke sexy chrome ones.

Maybe I'm getting terminology mixed up.... I always confuse rims, tires, and wheels

Rims are the chrome
    Tires are the rubber
    Wheels are the metal the tire is on...... right?
    Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Re: Rims in general

size, width, brand.....

best looks for cost, are the Eagle 077 in 18".... they are super high polished alum or chrome..... I had a set of the alum ones on my last camaro, now i have chrome.... I wish i still had the alum rims... chrome is just too flashy.... call greg over at eagle wheels in houston at 281-392-3126 ... he usually will give it to u at cost with 10-15 shipping per wheel... i think i paid like 110 or 120 per eagle 18" 077 a while back , but dont hold him up to that price

my 94 3.4

Before

After

and my current camaro....

Before ( like a couple weeks I after I got it )

After

course the car is a completely differnt color and everything.... but just shows how rims can make or break a car...

Comment

in order.... The day I brought it home, to my moms house in coppell texas
      the day I got my rims put on, at my dads house in garland texas
      spring break at lake athens, athens texas
      about a month to 2 months ago, in front of andy brown lake in coppell texas ... not that u would care lol but im bored

Comment

Effin WOW. that car is COMPLETELY changed. Looks good btw. haha... deoxyribo w/e is on a posting MARATHON now! LOL. just bustin the balls man :)
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

My wheels cost $1100 with tires and free shipping and lugnuts. I will have to get back to you on where I ordered them I forgot at the moment. Rims are just slang for wheels. Tires are the rubber you get to burn :)

<b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/onebad9d5\" target=\"_blank\">1995 Red 3.4L Camaro</a><br /></b><br />Dont laugh if you see me pushing, no reverse, tranny needs rebuild.

Comment

My ten-spoke SS wheels cost $300 brand new for all four. And my Daytons ran me another $360. Total cost: $660. Not including mounting and balancing, of course.

1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

Mine cost me 1295 with tires mounted and balanced. There chrome 17x9.5 C6 rims.

-Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

wheels and rims are the same thing, which is the non rubber part.

tires are the rubber

Comment

and please take those mudflaps off of your car.

Comment

830 for mine for everything.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by DanT
                      My ten-spoke SS wheels cost $300 brand new for all four. And my Daytons ran me another $360. Total cost: $660. Not including mounting and balancing, of course.

Dude, where did you get such a good deal?!
                      Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

Originally posted by DanT

where did u find those for 300 brand new? sounds like a great deal

Comment

mine cost me 1200 mounted and balenced, they are 18" '06 Z06 vette rims but i kind of wish i would have gone with 17" rims instead

heres the before

After

K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

I got mine from SLP direct a few years back. If memory serves me right, they were clearing out space for GTO stock.
                            1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                              New Site Hosting Issues
                              by FirebirdGT
                              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                              1 week ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              4 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X