Removal of rear inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of rear inserts

Right now I have reflective silver rear inserts. I just ordered ss mirror finish inserts. Does anyone have any suggestions for the removal of my current inserts? Yank them off, and use goo gone?
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Re: Removal of rear inserts

a hair dryer would probably help lossen up then you could just peel them off with you finger nail. and just take some Alcohol or adhesive remover to make sure its clean. hope this helps
    98 Mystic Teal Camaro
    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

the easiest way is to get a blade, or a knife, and CAREFULLY try and peel it off.

if you dont want to do it that way, i would use something like goo-gone, or WD-40 and it should come off.

I dont know about goo gone, but i do know what WD eats paint, so dont keep it on for that long

Comment

i used goo gone when i took the side molding off my car and the paint was fine afterward.
        But yeah i would jsut squirt some goo gone on there and let it sit for like 30 secs and then peel it off with some tweasers or something

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          2 hours ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          1 week ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X