Breaking my Camaro hymen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking my Camaro hymen

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum as until recently I was driving a 1996 Neon, and what's worse. a riced one. Let me just say that unlike many ricers, I would admit that my car was a total P.O.S. Anyway, a few days ago, I won a 1997 Camaro 3.8L off of eBayMotors, cobalt blue with 51k miles in perfect condition for $5700. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow I believe, I just wanted to know what you guys think of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Re: Breaking my Camaro hymen

If anyone has any recommendations for mods, feel free...I'm thinking of putting leather seats and a CAI in it sometime soon, and would a red or silver CAMARO windshield decal be tacky?

Comment

Welcome to the site!

The car looks pretty good, I don't see any major body/paint flaws. Looks like the engine bay needs a little TLC though.

You should consider painting the calipers and other red accents something that flows a bit better with the car...like black.

But yeah, you'll like the upgrade in cars! Congrats!
      1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

You'll find that the prevailing preference on this site is towards a very clean look...meaning that no one is going to say they think a windshield banner would be a good thing to get. Everyone already knows what that car is anyway...it's a Camaro dude!
        1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

Yeah I'll clean up the engine bay as soon as I get it...and I think I'll either lower it or get ground effects for it in the near future. Also, do you think tinting the front windows to match the hatch would be a good idea and if so, what %? I'm dropping my Kicker L7's in there as well, and I'll prolly take out the Audiobahns.

Comment

I like leather seats. But I would rather have lightweight racing seats!
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I don't think I'm going to do serious enough mods to need racing seats (although I know they look cool), so for now I'll stick with leather for comfort and looks...either will be way better than the cloth ones in there now. :)

Comment

Yeah, tinting the front windows is a good idea. As for the %, just don't go any darker than the hatch; if anything, go 5-10% lighter on the fronts.

Comment

Looks like a really good start, bro!
                  Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

Cobalt blue is a sweet color. Lose the red bowties and the red brakes they don't go with the blue at all. I hate when people paint drum brakes...

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                      Cobalt blue is a sweet color. Lose the red bowties and the red brakes they don't go with the blue at all. I hate when people paint drum brakes...
                      unless they are black :). then they stay hidden quite well....or you could just make a disc conversion.

thats a nice camaro. you can tell it needs some work though. i agree with losing the red accents, go with either white, silver, black, or even try a deep/dark blue. i think that white accents on that blue look bad a**. but i bet a darker blue would compliment it nice as well. keep us posted!
                      1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

how dark is that window tint? can you see the amp or subs through it?
                        i'm going to need to protect my investment pretty soon:) but my mom doesn't want it dark:mad:

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments...hmm, I didn't think the red accenting was too horrible but your right: black, white, or silver would look pretty slick. The pickup's actually been delayed a day, so it's not in my possession yet.

However, I won an auction for a full set of leather seats off a 98 Camaro on eBay for under 220 bucks, which struck me as quite a good deal, especially as I can pick them up. The only problem is that I was looking for black and these are dark tan...do you think they'll look alright or should I look into dyeing them? I guess I'll know once I get them, but feel free to throw your two cents in...thanks again. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad MOFO
                            how dark is that window tint? can you see the amp or subs through it?
                            i'm going to need to protect my investment pretty soon:) but my mom doesn't want it dark:mad:
                            I'll let you know tomorrow when I get it; the tint on my Neon was 5% and while you would have a great deal of trouble seeing into the car, I never thought it took too much away from visibility....heh, well maybe a bit at night.
                            Last edited by pmcv21; 07-25-2006, 04:28 PM.

Comment

my suggestions are to lose the red accents, definately put a CIA in it, and maybe a disc brake conversion, o and rims and tires

remember to get new leather peices for the door panels if you put leather seats in.
                              K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X