Claybar in the hizzouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claybar in the hizzouse

Who all in here claybars their car? I have heard it is just a gimick but I clay bar mine about once a month since I got it and its crazy how smooth the car gets esp. after a nice wax afterward. Is there any techniques anyone has come up with to get really hard bug guts and bird sh*ts? Sometimes claybar has a hard time getting that stuff out...I have heard to use WD40???

Re: Claybar in the hizzouse

Anyone who says claybars are a gimmick clearly has never used one because you can tell the difference. I only clay about 2-3 times a year when I'm actually polishing the car.

For bugs I used turtle wax bug and tar remover. It seems to work pretty well. For bird **** I usually leave a towel in my car and try to wipe it off as soon as I see it so it won't etch the paint.

Comment

Yep, I have claybarred a few times. It really does seem to help keep the paint cleaner.
      1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

i claybar more than i wax it. works amazing. use mothers.
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

i claybay probably once a month or every other wax
          98 Mystic Teal Camaro
          Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

I claybarred yesterday for the first time... OH MY OH MY it's amazing how much smoother it is now.

There was this stuff... all over my rear bumper... I couldn't see it, but when I ran my hand over it it felt like sandpaper. I bought the car like this 3 years ago (and it's a 2000) and tried almost everything to get this stuff off.... so I thought that there was nothing I could do about it.

Oh man, I used the claybar on the bumper, and at first it was really hard to get the stuff off, but eventually after going over and over this layer of dark green ick started coming off. :eek: What it was, I have no idea.... but what I do know is that the claybar works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
              i claybar more than i wax it. works amazing. use mothers.
              Same here smooth! and shinner. do you clay bar your hockeys?

Comment

Originally posted by s4983
                I claybarred yesterday for the first time... OH MY OH MY it's amazing how much smoother it is now.

There was this stuff... all over my rear bumper... I couldn't see it, but when I ran my hand over it it felt like sandpaper. I bought the car like this 3 years ago (and it's a 2000) and tried almost everything to get this stuff off.... so I thought that there was nothing I could do about it.

Oh man, I used the claybar on the bumper, and at first it was really hard to get the stuff off, but eventually after going over and over this layer of dark green ick started coming off. :eek: What it was, I have no idea.... but what I do know is that the claybar works wonders.

I hade the same problem it was the rust off my break rotors. it would stick all over the rear bumper and fenders i clayed it brought a nice newer tone. itf you clay after a wash the bar will get dirty still . thats a sign right there!

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop
                  Same here smooth! and shinner. do you clay bar your hockeys?
                  never never never.
                  Dave:
                  00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                  97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
                    never never never.

Will it ruin them?

Comment

i claybar mine about 4 times a year but now i think i may start doing it more often after reading this thread. definitely not a gimmick. the first time i used it not only could i feel a difference but i could see it clearly. i could tell where i had been and hadn't been especially on the bumper. i have vinyl stripes on mine as well and i clay those too. haven't had any problems with it. dmw, you know something i don't?
                      1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

does claybarring more often than the recommended amount ruin the clearcoat?

Comment

I wouldnt think so since all your doing is sliding the bar over the paint
                          98 Mystic Teal Camaro
                          Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X