Aftermarket Fenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Fenders?

Alright, so I've got to replace both of my fenders (1998 Camaro). Anybody know of any aftermarket ones (not OEM or stock-looking ones) other than the set that's on ebay? I'm just thinking there might be one "ricey" one that MIGHT look okay..?

These are the ebay ones:

Re: Aftermarket Fenders?

take thoughs civic fenders off that camaro!! lol j.k why not get replacment ones and but some kind of scoop kinda thing or whatever.. and make them however u want u know? if ucan fiberglass thatd be cool they would be unique..
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

if that pattern followed into the door, it might look pretty good, but it does look like a honda "turbo vent"

Comment

I have no idea how to custom make fenders though, that's the problem lol. I haven't the skill or supplies.

Comment

suplies arent that expensive and its really not that hard to learn..google aroudn and **** find some info ..thats how i learned... i wouldnt first make the fenders though try somethign small first to get the hang of it.. its not that hard at all ..but i dunno ... if ur lookign for them allready made couldnt help ya.. maybe andysautosport.com has them..i know they make them for other cars o i dunno
          <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V6
            suplies arent that expensive and its really not that hard to learn..google aroudn and **** find some info ..thats how i learned... i wouldnt first make the fenders though try somethign small first to get the hang of it.. its not that hard at all ..but i dunno ... if ur lookign for them allready made couldnt help ya.. maybe andysautosport.com has them..i know they make them for other cars o i dunno
            I've done some fiberglass to my car, mostly interior and a little on my front-end up until my latest project that I'm in the middle of... a retro front-end. But I agree with Oi bird.

first... why are you replacing both fenders??? I mean... are they damaged? The reason I decided to finally tackle the front-end is b/c I recently had some front-end damage (never let your g/f drive your car when she's mad at you) and so I was planning on buying a new one, but I figured I might as well try and do some custom work, while repairing the damage. if it doesn't work out... I'll just buy a new one.

It'd be pretty hard to make a fender, but to mod the ones you already have, wouldn't be too hard.

fiberglass resin
            short strand fiberglass filler
            lightweight body filler
            spreaders
            paintbrushes
            gloves
            sandpaper (power sander is nice but not necessary)

you can get all of this at most auto stores... I got all mine at Meijer, and it was not expensive at all

A very satisfying way to mod your car

I have pics on my car domain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/543459/2
            Last edited by T-Mill; 07-26-2006, 01:19 AM.
            Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
            Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

T-Mill, you have any pics of some of the work you've done?

And, yeah, both fenders have cracks in them from accidents (one my fault, another when my buddy backed into it not realizing it was there haha), so instead of buying OEM ones, why not look into customized ones?

Comment

click on the cardomain link above
                Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Oh, and above and beyond the fenders, I'll also be adding other appearance mods (my front bumper's messed up, too haha)...

Xenon front clip, Extreme Dimensions side skirts, Extreme Dimensions rear bumper, an SS spoiler, 30% tint, possibly an Eclipse billet fuel door, clear markers on rear bumper, and maybe a few other things (I'm undecided on a hood). I'm planning on getting it all painted metallic silver with two fading metallic blue stripes (with the same blue painted into the Camaro insert between the taillights).

So far I have a billet grille, black halo headlights, clear corners, silver/blue brake calipers, and THESE "carbon" taillights. I'll be painting my halo headlights silver instead of black and throwing a blue LED inside the halo instead of the not-so-bright ones that the headlights came with. However, before all of this, I'd like to get a set of 18" chrome C6 Motorport rims.

I hope all of this is done in the next year.. I'm going to save, save, save then splurge and buy everything at once. I won't get anything installed, however, until it's all painted. I know how dumb **** looks when it's installed and not painted haha. And I'm hoping that maybe I can install some T-tops before the paint job. Wish me luck!
                  Last edited by NOS2006; 07-26-2006, 01:41 AM.

Comment

jeez... good luck:)
                    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Whoa, just found the perfect hood. I was thinking about a 2.5" Harwood cowl hood, but it is way too wide. Ran into the Sunoco Style hood though and damn it's amazing:

Comment

I love cowl induction!!!!!
                        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Me too, just could never find a good enough hood. Well, I have now!

Comment

about your fenders.. One thing that jumps out to me is to transplant firebird fenders on to your camaro. It might be hard to do, but anything is possible with enough work and money. just an idea something to think about.

If I was to mold my own fenders I think I would style them similar to a corvette..

Comment

Has anybody tried T/A or Firebird fenders on their 98-02 Camaro? That might be cool.

I agree though.. if I were to do custom fenders, they'd be like the C5 Corvette's.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X