newbie here with a paint ? (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie here with a paint ? (pics)

hey guys I just register here because I just bought a v6 Camaro to use as a daily driver hopefully save some money and keep my Lightning from getting to many miles, I have one question, does anybody know the paint code of my camaro? I need some touch up paint, it has that paint that changes from green to blue and purple acoording how the sun hit the car, and when I go to the auto store they tell me that this color it's not factory, thanks for the help and here are a few pics.

this is the day I brought it home.

I have painted the wheels and upgrade the front brake calipers and painted them red.

let me know what you think thanks
    Last edited by svtjackal; 07-26-2006, 07:01 PM.

Re: newbie here with a paint ? (pics)

some more pics.

Comment

Looks like mystic teal metallic to me

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Some good GM paint q & a's here>
        http://www.expresspaint.com/productc...?idCategory=21
        sigpic

Comment

what color did you paint your rims? gunmetal?

Comment

Originally posted by Camaroingfool
            what color did you paint your rims? gunmetal?
            the name on the can says graphite, but it's pretty similar to gunmetal.

thanks for the link hockeyman.
            Last edited by svtjackal; 07-27-2006, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
              Looks like mystic teal metallic to me
              Yep, looks like it. Check in your glovebox and see if there is an RPO Code of 79U on there. That's Mystic Teal Metallic.

Nice looking car.

Rob
              \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

try gm, they should have your touch up paint if you give them your paint code.

if you have that code he posted, it is the original color, and though there is a chance it was repainted, id say its unlikely.

if you want to know if the paint isnt original, feel along door and fender lines. if you feel rough edges, it was likely repainted.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

If you get the paint code from your RPO codes you can also order from www.paintscratch.com I have had really good luck buying touch up paint from them in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                    If you get the paint code from your RPO codes you can also order from www.paintscratch.com I have had really good luck buying touch up paint from them in the past.
                    Dude that is an awesome link! Paint pens, bottles, spray, they have everything, in factory colors. Thanks.

Rob
                    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

If its not in the glovebox, it may be on a tag when you open the driver door.

Comment

thanks for the fast response guys, yeah the RPO Code is 79U, mystic teal metallic and I just order the paint fron the link that HokieBird posted, thanks again. :tup: :banana:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          1 week ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X