Anyone paint the stock grill gloss black? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone paint the stock grill gloss black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone paint the stock grill gloss black?

I just installed a rk sport billet grill and dont really like the look so im thinking about ditching the grill and painting my stocker gloss black with chrome CAMARO inserts. Has anyone else done this.......if so do you have pics?

Re: Anyone paint the stock grill gloss black?

i am doing it soon.

Comment

Post some pics when you do !! I am about to get the whole car painted and im going to get mine done then ill post some for you to see if I get it done first.

Comment

Hey man i did this same thing with my stock grill. A good paint to use is Krylon fusion paint, it sticks awesome, i've been driving the car with the grill on for about a month or so now and don't have a single chip. It cleans really easy, and according to the can after 7 days the paint is fully chip resistant. And they make gloss black and i believe they make semi gloss too. Check out my cardomain for some pics of it. Good luck, hope this helped
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2309443

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt camaro
          Hey man i did this same thing with my stock grill. A good paint to use is Krylon fusion paint, it sticks awesome, i've been driving the car with the grill on for about a month or so now and don't have a single chip. It cleans really easy, and according to the can after 7 days the paint is fully chip resistant. And they make gloss black and i believe they make semi gloss too. Check out my cardomain for some pics of it. Good luck, hope this helped
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2309443
          Thanks that looks good. You should put some inserts in the Camaro indention to finish it off. Im going to have my body shop do mine when I get my car painted in the next week or two.

Comment

Would you be interested in selling the grill? If so, I call first dibs.

Email me at t0nic@ev1.net if you are interested.
            Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

Originally posted by Stock98camaro
              Would you be interested in selling the grill? If so, I call first dibs.

Email me at t0nic@ev1.net if you are interested.
              Email sent.

Comment

i was going to do it a while ago, but i just know that it will chip fast. sooo i just got mothers back to black and it shines her right up
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I have seen it before kind of cool. Also seen people paint it silver to accent NBM or black before.
                  -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                    Good to see the site is back up
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                    2 hours ago
                  • FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    1 week ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X