Clear Coat, or "Road Scars"???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Coat, or "Road Scars"???

OK, so ive been reading all the posts, but still unsure on wut to do. So, in when my cars parked in the garage, cant see them, paint looks perfect, when its in the sun, BAM there they are. It appears only the clear coats is knicked. Wut can I do, use the 3M GLAZE stuff? or icould i just simply sand a lil and respray clear coat, help please!

Re: Clear Coat, or "Road Scars"???

You might wanna explain a little bit better what it is thats wrong with your paint. Like how it looks. Is it swirl marks? or scratches?

I suggest getting a claybar, some good polish and a good wax, and going at your car with that. If its swirlmarks or tiny scratches, that should take care of the problem, at least temporarily depending on how deep they are.
    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

they are tiny sratches in the clear coat tha make it look like ****!

Comment

Hows 'bout some pics??
        sigpic

Comment

your going to have to buff them out, you just cant re-clear it and expect them to go away

Comment

swirls? pics would be a great help.
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Re: Clear Coat, or &quot;Road Scars&quot;???

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a62...gAnch=imgAnch1

Any help would be great, it bothers me soo much! it apears to be only the clear coat, although som of the biggers marks are bugs, only a few tho

Comment

anyone pleaase! i wanna go try some of tht 3m glaze stuff but i want ur opinion if i shoiuld get it or not

Comment

got the same problem. not sure if it can be fixed without a re-spray
                  1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                  1994 Camaro - Sold
                  1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

From the picture, besides the bugs, it seems you just have plenty of nicks from road debris and cracks in the paint from the rubber nose flexing. It's usually deep enough that you'd need a re-paint to get it back to new. But, the claybar suggestion will help out enough, I'm sure, to make you happy on a budget.
                    1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      1 week ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X