caliper paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caliper paint

im planning on painting my brake calipers red.. do i need to use a special type of paint? what works best? where would i find it?

Re: caliper paint

i used a duplicolor paint on kit and it worked great and looks good. only think i didnt do was clear them
    Last edited by Mystic98; 07-29-2006, 12:17 PM.
    98 Mystic Teal Camaro
    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

They have High temp Caliper piant, go to like auto zone and such. Also make sure you scrub those suckers good before you pain them. And let the coats dry at least 30-40 mins in between. Good luck!

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

i probably sound really lazy for asking this, but can you give me an estimate on the average cost?? do i need to just get like a bottle, or wut?? by the way, im only doing the front brakes, the rear are drums :(

Comment

Ya a bottle should be fine, I would look into getting some high temp clear coat also. This site sells cool Camaro decals for you brakes, they look real neat when they are done. http://fourthcircledesigns.com/index.php?cPath=2

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

I used the Duplicolor brake caliper paint kit. It comes with everything you need. No clear coat is required.

Thats what mine looked like after they were done. Also, its been a few weeks now atleast and they are still looking as good. I paid about 15 dollars for the kit. Be prepared to take a while to paint them. Those back ones are time consuming.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw that you were doing the front ones. They are pretty easy. Heres a picture of the front:

Comment

i got filler primer, high temp paint and then some clear coat. all from autozone
              http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...light=calipers
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

pepboys, autozone, advance auto all those places have the caliper paint. what i did was buy engine primer, engine paint, and then engine clear coat. the engine stuff works just as good cuz its meant for high-temp areas. make sure you sand down the calipers to get all the crud off of them. i sanded them down, 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of paint, 3 coats of clear. took a lot of time but they look really good
                '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
                Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                  Good to see the site is back up
                  by 2.8 Bird
                  So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                  3 hours ago
                • FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  1 week ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X