$22 buffer at autozone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $22 buffer at autozone

I went to autozone the other day just cuz i was bored and i saw an orbital buffer for 22 bucks so I bought it. It doesnt just spin but it has a random movement to it. I first got some turtle wax polishing compound and did the hood because it had bad swirl marks and even some other weird types of clearcoat scratches that reflected in the sun and almost made light levitate over the hood. then i cleaned it off and the car looked like crap. I then took some mcguires cleaner wax and did the whole car till it was white with the wax. I let it dry and took the polishing bonnet and put it on the buffer. I proceeded to get the wax off the car. The buffer was really big so I then went around the car with an old shirt and wiped off all the extra wax and the wax buildup spots.

anyway, my car looks brand spanking new. It glows really nicely and my reflection is so detailed. The car looks like its coated in glass.

I have paid 80 bucks for a detail job that didnt come out nearly as well as that one did I guarantee that everyone hit up their local autozone and get that buffer it kicks sooo much butt!
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Re: $22 buffer at autozone

hey man if you really want that thing to shine, get some 3m machine glaze, and machine glaze your car, you just keep buffing the car untill the glaze disappears and you get the shine you want. I used a foam pad for the glaze but it's amazing. But i also use a $200 electric buffer, with variable speed. ;) Anyways you should post some pics

Comment

Definatly would like to see pics, before and after, if possible.

I'm debating whether to go machine with waxing, I'm still usin the old hand to wax the ride.

Comment

i'm telling you man do some machining on your ride and you will have wished you did it sooner, well hey to each his own.

Comment

Yea I have seen those buffers at autozone and wondered how good they are. I am afraid of burning my paint with those things, but would love to use one to get my swirls out.
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

The likely hood of burning paint with a dual action orbital buffer is pretty low. Now a rotory buffer is a whole different story...

Is the autozone one just speed? I would imagine it's not too fast for $22.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              3 hours ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X