Can You Paint Chrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Paint Chrome?

I have a chrome ss grill from rk sport on my hood and I think the chrome is a little to much so I was wondering if I could just get my body shop to paint it? Do you think it would look good and how do you think it would hold up?

Re: Can You Paint Chrome?

there actually is a "paint chrome" but no u have it "dipped" in chrome.... its all like magneticly charged or something.... dont know the exact process... might cost more than its worth... the chrome spray paint does NOT give the same look as actual chrome....

heres a chromes out M3

Comment

i believe he wants to know if he can paint the chrome grille that came with his hood a different color like black or something.

if its off the the SS hood on rksport.com then i think that its actually stainless steel and not chrome. pretty sure if you just sanded it down, primed it, put a few coats of paint with sanding in between, and then a couple shots of clear you would be fine
      Last edited by Heartbeat_of_94; 08-02-2006, 02:56 AM.
      1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Heartbeat_of_94
        i believe he wants to know if he can paint the chrome grille that came with his hood a different color like black or something.

if its off the the SS hood on rksport.com then i think that its actually stainless steel and not chrome. pretty sure if you just sanded it down, primed it, put a few coats of paint with sanding in between, and then a couple shots of clear you would be fine
        Yeah thats exactly what im talking about thanks.

Comment

HOLY BMW BLING!! thats nutz

Comment

yep you can paint it, sand, primer, sand ,color then clear. good luck.
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

ewwww why did they do that to the bmw?
              <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

That beamer looks like its made of chrome covered plastic. Oh wait, it is.
                1996 Chev Camaro RS 3.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2233257/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2233257/1</a>

Comment

wow, the car is shinier than the rims

Comment

reminds of that NAPA commercial with the OCC guys
                    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

The best thing about that beamer tho is if you happen to catch the sunlight just right.. you can fry pedestrians on the sidewalk :banana:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                      R.I.P. '07 Pats
                      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X