cracked dash, any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked dash, any ideas?

i had to replace a bulb in the instrument cluster on my 96 today and when i was removing the plastic dash piece on the dash it cracked the crack runs from the defroster vent in the center to the trim piece around the gauges its not much but just enough to where it bothers me. anybody got any ideas on how to cover it up without looking odd. i was thinking of covering the whole piece with carbon fiber vinyl to match my amp rack. any suggestions?

Re: cracked dash, any ideas?

just replace it. that is what i would have to do
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

You could epoxy the crack to keep it from making a vibrating noise then cover the whole dash with a Dash Cover <you can find them on ebay.

BUT, I suggest replacing it too since there really isn't any way to repair the crack without it looking like crap.
      sigpic

Comment

yeah, that is what i was thinking because the car is low mileage so the rest of the interior is perferct, where can you get a new one?

Comment

GM and e-bay will have them.
          1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

how much are they?

Comment

A new Firebird dashboard panel costs $100.20 from gmpartdirect.com. A Camaro panel has to be a similar price.

I replaced mine a 2 1/2 years ago (it cost 86.66 then). It had cracked from being exposed to the intense sun every day. I now use a sun shade all the time and the dashboard panel still looks llike new.
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Part No. 10267171 $224.00
                96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

A shade definitely helps that. Also keep your dash and panel protected. I use 303 Aerospace protectant, but Armor-All works well too.
                  -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X