Tinting in FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinting in FL

Yeah I was just wondering, I am just about to tint my car. What is the legal limit in FL... anyone know? I live in SW FL, anyone live around this area? The cops give you any trouble?

I heard FL is pretty lenient with tinting.

Re: Tinting in FL

20% is legal limit...I run 15% on the sides and 10% on the back and havent had any troubles in any of my cars....if you go darker on the sides though...10%,5%, Limo...you'll prolly get yanked most of my friends have...in fact as my friend was leaving the tint shop a cop stopped him and made him rip it off, kinda sucks.....but just be careful...if you go dark and see a cop that looks like he might give you trouble, roll your windows down...and he wont have a reason to stop you.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

i have 15% on the sides and 5% on the rear and haven't had any problems at all. i wish i would have got 5% all around. i think it depends on where you live in fl. here in orlando i'm pretty sure the cops don't care.
      94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

A cop stopped me once and put this thing on to read how much light went through. I must have passed - no ticket. My back window has a darker tint.
        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

ive got 5%. never been stopped, 99.9% of cars have tinted windows, they really dont care.
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I just want to go on the record here and say:

I hate you all, I wanna be in FL right now!

/rant

I have FL plates and have my windows tinted 20% all around, in NY thats illegal, since I'm a FL resident I think that'll keep me from gettin a ticket.

Comment

**** half the time the cops have tint so dark it looks like paint
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by nikon
                20% is legal limit...
                Not really, but I'm sure you can get away with it. 20% is a good # to go with.

Side windows... Florida Statute 316.2953

and

Windows behind the driver... Florida Statute 316.2954

Rob
                \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                  Not really, but I'm sure you can get away with it. 20% is a good # to go with.

Side windows... Florida Statute 316.2953

and

Windows behind the driver... Florida Statute 316.2954

Rob
                  huh, you learn something new everyday :) I thought for sure it was 20%...oh well....the tint guys told me it was 20%, who cares It's still not dark enough to get a ticket.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                  05' CTS-V
                  00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Originally posted by nikon
                    huh, you learn something new everyday :) I thought for sure it was 20%...oh well....the tint guys told me it was 20%, who cares It's still not dark enough to get a ticket.
                    Yeah, and from what I understand the tint shops put the "It's Legal" sticker on the door with 20%. That's all that would matter to me. I still need to get mine done.

Rob
                    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

i got 5%all around 20% up front never had a problem with cops must be lucky

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af
                        Lol i work for my city, and im always driving through the police parking lot, one of the cops has a stratus with limo tint. The front is tinted very dark too, im not sure what percent though, but it looks like it'd be hard as hell to see out of at night.
                        2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af
                          I'm just waiting for one of those cops to pull me over. They have to follow the laws also. 316.29545 Window sunscreening exclusions; medical exemption; certain law enforcement vehicles exempt Check out #2.

Rob

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X