What do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think?

I bought a 97 medium quasar blue Camaro about three weeks ago (upgraded from a Neon, lol) and I thought I'd post some pics to see what you guys think of it. So far I've upgraded from cloth to tan leather seats and did an okay job of fabricating the door panels to match (it was a b**** to do) though I'll prolly redo it sometime. Other than that I've put on the 3800 decals and a few other minor cosmetic touches. It's got Flowmasters on it, though I'm not sure what series, how do I tell if they're the 40 or 80's? Any comments and/or advice for upgrades would be highly appreciated.

P.S. - My brother lost our good digital camera so this is with like a 2 MP camera, hence the really crappy quality :( I apologize for that and will snap some new ones when I get a new camera. Oh and the date's wrong cause I didn't bother to set it, but anyways, on to the pics...
    Attached Files

Re: What do you guys think?

Nice looking car. Are those painted drums in the back though... that's a party foul... take 2 shots.

Rob
    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Ha yeah they are, previous owner did that...dunno if I feel like shelling out the money to get a caliper conversion kit...hmmm... I like the way the red calipers look with the chrome rims, but yeah not crazy about the drums...alas

Comment

the blue color is always nice. Have never been a fan of tan interior mixed with black. the car isnt really sticking with a color them by having blackouts and red accents. These days, its going to need a lot of work to make it stand out.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Well I couldn't really turn down a full set of leather seats for 200 bucks, and they look better than I expected. I'm not trying to make it into a show car or anything just want to make it a clean looking car on a fairly limited budget. Do you guys think I should get rid of the back bumper insert or the blackouts?

Comment

Not sure that I'd get rid of either. Though, the red in the taillights might compliment the inserts somewhat.
            1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

not sure i like the color of the rear fill ins

but she's pretty, i want better pics
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i would say you might want to get new inserts for the back. maybe black. The red calipers/drums don't really go with anything unless those inserts are there. I'd say pick a color, but don't do both. personally i would pick black.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by pmcv21
                  Do you guys think I should get rid of the back bumper insert or the blackouts?
                  how much do you want for the blackouts, if your selling them?

Comment

not bad i liek the blue color
                    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Get rid of the insert and replace it with black or silver. (preferrably black)
                      1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

Like the blue would look kick @$$ with tint!
                        2002 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1</a>

Comment

Hey thanks again for all your replies. First off, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be keeping the blackouts so sorry, no can do on the sale. I never looked that closely at the back bumper, but I noticed that the CAMARO indentation on the back is actually painted red rather than being just a decal as I thought it was. I'm scared that if I got a different color decal, there would still be red on a lot of the edges as it probably wouldn't fit perfectly...guess it would only cost me 10 bucks or so to find out though. But I'm still not sure what color I'd get...I think black would look too understated, what with the blackouts, window tint and other black decals on the back. My friend thinks I should get a chrome insert as it would accent the exhaust and the rims, I just don't want it to look tacky...

Oh and Silverbird, the windows are tinted, 5% on the hatch and only 50% on the sides (which I believe is the lowest you can go in MI w/o being illegal).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                            Good to see the site is back up
                            by 2.8 Bird
                            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                            4 hours ago
                          • FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X