paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint job

out of curiousity, i want to get my car repainted. how much did it cost you to get your cars repainted (decent job and same color) i just did some offroading today (got forced over) and some gravel did a nice number on the bottom of my bumper, lets just say that its not black anymore and is textured. i'm always dissapointed with my car's appearance and i would like to get it done, i'm just wondering how much dough its gonna run me.

Re: paint job

not sure on a number, but I have a feeling that the numbers you're gonna get are gonna vary quite a bit
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

2gs in labor, like 150 extra for antenna shave, i had him use metal instead of bondo so he he had to weld and sand ****.....

i got paint and paint gun for 800 off eBay entire car it painted... everything was taken off of the car to be painted.... not some maaco paint job

Comment

i got a quote of 1100 just for painting a hood. so basically, you have to know people!
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold
        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

steve its not like ur color is a commen color tho...along with big tymers...im sure if its a more commen color it wouldnt cost as much

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

i probably dont need a complete repaint, probably just touch up and reclear, but i bet that will still be pretty steep, expecially if i want to take out a couple of my dings, i think i just need to get my hands on a bra and that will do me for now

Comment

Originally posted by bah
              i probably dont need a complete repaint, probably just touch up and reclear, but i bet that will still be pretty steep, expecially if i want to take out a couple of my dings, i think i just need to get my hands on a bra and that will do me for now
              Dont goto the ugly side! No bras!

Braless is best!
              1996 Chev Camaro RS 3.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2233257/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2233257/1</a>

Comment

my car is currenty being painted black (was green) and its geting a few dings and dents fixed up and its only 1500 bucks..it was 1200 for the green
                <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V6
                  my car is currenty being painted black (was green) and its geting a few dings and dents fixed up and its only 1500 bucks..it was 1200 for the green

good choice, you can't go wrong with black
                  Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                  Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

lol yeah black is amazing its just gunan be a huge pain in the nuts to keep clean lol cant wait till its done i plan i posting many many many pics :D
                    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

we recently did a black 96 firebird at my shop, black car but we used dupont chroma preimer super jet black instead of the factory black. With all the multiple stages of sanding and colorsanding between coats it was absolutely perfect. But was quite expensive.

Between labor, good supplies and a decent finish, expect 2-3 thousand. Prep, sealer, base and clear.

I dont think you'd want a touch up and reclear.
                      visit my club\'s site at <a href=\"http://www.envuscc.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.envuscc.com</a>

Comment

Painting everything? door jambs / under the hood & all that jazz??

taking stuff off the car or is it getting a crappy paint job
                        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

yeah hes taking everythign off..not the interior or engine but the interior is a waste of tiem and paint no one sees under the carpet and **** andways..and im going to get my engien bay painted once i get my ls1 and get the 6 out of ther.. plus im goign to buy a t/a hatch sooner or later aswell to so yeah but for now hes doign the whoel body and every thing u see

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V6
                            yeah hes taking everythign off..not the interior or engine but the interior is a waste of tiem and paint no one sees under the carpet and **** andways..and im going to get my engien bay painted once i get my ls1 and get the 6 out of ther.. plus im goign to buy a t/a hatch sooner or later aswell to so yeah but for now hes doign the whoel body and every thing u see
                            no point in taking "carpet" off, but takign interior panels off is a big part.....open ur door, look beteween the weather sealing and the window... u will see parts that will be the color of ur car..... when it gets painted it WILL stick out... now if ur going with black, id say just paint those parts with some spray paint cuz it doesnt have to be perfect, just being a different color will stick out... When i got my pait job done, he took off every exterior part of the car except for the rear bumper, which honeslty i dont know why. but the entier front end was off, doors removed, hatch taken off, everything....... he took off all paneling on the interior and painted all around anything that could be seen if the car was sitting there..... if u plan on keeping ur car a while, plan on spending some money for a quality paint job, expecially if ur getting a color change..... trust me, i did a maaco paint job on my yellow mustang to black, lol , wow, im not even gonna say how embarissing that **** was, not to mention i was drivning around a ford already...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                              Good to see the site is back up
                              by 2.8 Bird
                              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                              4 hours ago
                            • FirebirdGT
                              New Site Hosting Issues
                              by FirebirdGT
                              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                              1 week ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X