tinting taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tinting taillights

ohh, i thought that was a tail light cover, i didn't realize it was a tint spray. That looks really nice, when you do it, post up some pics, and with the lights on too, i would like to know if you can really even see the lights any more with the tint on, and i assume the reflectors don't work anymore?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i think a berger panel with blacked otu all except the reverse and the red reflector part loosk awsome like that tangerine orenge guy has
      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

I took the back off of my photoshopped image to give you an idea what it would look like with a berger and reverse tinting:

i guess after looking at it, it looks pretty good. Maybe you should do the berger after all.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

yeah thanks i did the same thing too. its not too bad but still not sure. i'll probably try it out when i get the car repainted and decide then if its too much.
          1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

No berger panel. Leave it be. I love the second pic and I'm not a big fan of differen't color berger panels.

Comment

Can the NightShades be used on the 98+ headlights?

Comment

It's a tint spray, technically if you wanted you could use it on any lens, i'm not sure what's recommended though.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I havent decided if I want to try this or go with the covers or just go without. I got pulled over this morning because my FACTORY tint is "too dark." I don't want to give the cops another BS reason to stop me.

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88
                    i'd beg to differ. a berger panel, or tinted tails, but not both.

really? i think mines badass but thats just me! it does not look right with out inserts though

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop
                      really? i think mines badass but thats just me! it does not look right with out inserts though
                      it does look badass!

that looks really nice!
                      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Where do you get the tint spray and what are the steps you take to properly tint your vehicle's tail lights?

Comment

i would like to know also

Comment

Use the search function...VHT Niteshades
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

glad everyone likes my design. looks pretty nice on a white car.

as far as prep goes for tinting the lights:

1. Take the taillights off the car.
                              2. Clean the outside of the lights thouroughly (soapy water and a rag is fine).
                              3. Dry them off with a lint-free towel or rag.
                              4. If you want, scuff up the lights a bit with some sandpaper. I didn't do this when I first did my old car's taillights, so it's not really necessary. If you do, make sure they're free of debris before you start spraying.
                              5. Tape off the reverse lights and any other portion except for the brake lights/turn signals.
                              6. Spray on 8-9 LIGHT coats of tint. you don't need to go crazy with the spray. Make nice, clean side-to-side passes. Let each coat dry a little (it'll get tacky) before spraying on the next coat.
                              7. Once you're done spraying the tint on, spray 2-3 coats of clear coat on the taillights to make them glossy. Let them dry, and then re-install the lights on your car.
                              \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

i would really love to do that to mine but if you f up then your kinda stuck with messed up tailights and also how much light still gets through?is it legal in nc?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                  Good to see the site is back up
                                  by 2.8 Bird
                                  So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                  1 day ago
                                • FirebirdGT
                                  New Site Hosting Issues
                                  by FirebirdGT
                                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                  2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X