Window Tinting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Tinting

My next goal is to get my windows tinted. I want to tint the side and rear. i did a search and found the legal tinting limits in each state and found that it's 35% all around, excluding the windsheild which can't be tinted, but i wasn't plannign on that anyway.

I know a lot of people tint maybe 20% and 5% in the back, and i know that looks good. I've also heard that 35% hardly even looks tinted. I've tried and failed to find a picture of a car with 35% tint, because i want to know if it's even worth it, or if i should just go darker.

thanks,
    troy
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Window Tinting

IMO if you get 20% youll regret it

Dont waste your time with 35, just wear sunglasses when u look at ur car

I have 5% on sides and back, been pulled over a few times and nothing was said about it

At night it can be a little hard to see, but nothing thats hard to deal with

at the least, get 5 on the back and 20 on the sides, but if 20 is illegal you mind as well go with 5

Ryan
    2001 Pewter A4 Firebird <br />SLP CAI, B&M shift kit, B&B triflo exhaust<br />1/4: 15.139 @ 89.28 w/2.179 60\'<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615960\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615960</a>

Comment

I have 20% all around and havnt had a word said about it.
      1996 Chev Camaro RS 3.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2233257/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2233257/1</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Phate
        I have 20% all around and havnt had a word said about it.
        Have a picture of it?
        Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

5% All around....if 20% is illegal might as well go darker :p. I love my tint been pulled over a few times never heard a word about how dark it was. However, I did get a warning one time for my Windshield strip being to low. I was below the "AS-1" Line on the Windshield.
          30th Anniversary Camaro<br />White with platinum pearl w/metallic midnite blue racing stripes.<br />SLP CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Taylor wires, NGK\'s, Streetglow Undercar neon (blue)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101</a>

Comment

i have 35% on my car, and i can say it is pretty dark, alot of times people cant see in during the day, unless its in direct sunlight, and dont even think about seeing inside during the night

Comment

thanks guys, i'll think about that..victimization, do you have any pictures of your car? i would like to see what 35% looks like. I will probably go darker..maybe 25-30%
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                thanks guys, i'll think about that..victimization, do you have any pictures of your car? i would like to see what 35% looks like. I will probably go darker..maybe 25-30%
                whats your e-mail

Comment

my email is TheGr8Schlotzky@msn.com, thanks.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

my email is TheGr8Schlotzky@msn.com, thanks.
                    sent.

Comment

Hey that looks really nice, i'm going to consider that, but i might go a little darker..how much did that cost to install?
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Hey that looks really nice, i'm going to consider that, but i might go a little darker..how much did that cost to install?

$180, but i got a discount.

without the discount it would have been closer to $240

Comment

but it totally has to do with where you live, theres people down in texas getting their windows tinted for $60

Comment

wow that's a nice discount..and jeeze, $60? wow, well then i guess i will have to find a shop and get an estimate to really find out then. I'm not to sure if there are many tint shops around this area, i guess i have never looked, i'm sure there are some in portland. Thanks.

troy
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

wow that's a nice discount..and jeeze, $60? wow, well then i guess i will have to find a shop and get an estimate to really find out then. I'm not to sure if there are many tint shops around this area, i guess i have never looked, i'm sure there are some in portland. Thanks.

troy

yea, ALOT of people wolnt do f bodies, or hate it, and will charge you more.

the guy who did mine tried to do it in 1pc, but the tint got messed up, so he had to do it in 2pc, but its hard to tell.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X