97+ Tail Conversion on '96 Z28? How to Wire! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97+ Tail Conversion on '96 Z28? How to Wire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97+ Tail Conversion on '96 Z28? How to Wire!

Just curious how you'd wire it up so it works right. I have a guy that will trade me for his '97+ tails. No what i need to do is figure out how i'm gonna get the turn signal and brake light on seprate circuits. ON my '96 the same bulb goes on when the brakes are hit and the signal is turned on. On the '97+ the red lights up as does the amber on a seperate circuit. Could i tap the brake light power wire from the spoiler to the brake light on the tail and use the signal wire to wire into the socket that goes into the amber spot to make it ONLY come on with the signal and not the brakes. If you guys know of a way to do it and make it work a write up or step by step would be awesome~Cole~
    2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Re: 97+ Tail Conversion on '96 Z28? How to Wire!

i was thinking about doing this a while back, and figured i would just swap the sockets but i didn't think about the blinker coming on with the brake. you may need to wire the brakes through the 3rd tail light like mentioned. as for the blinker, i'm not sure.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/97lights.htm
      sigpic

Comment

best part about that conversion is that someone will surely want your 96 lights :naughty:

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88
          best part about that conversion is that someone will surely want your 96 lights :naughty:
          I agree, but I just don't understand... I guess you always want what you don't have. I'd like to install the 97+ tailights on my 96 camaro, while the 97+ owners want the 93-96 tailights
          sigpic

Comment

I know i have a guy on LS1Tech that wants to trade me straight up for his '97+ tails. He likes the '93-'96. I had a '00 V6 Camaro and i loved the ambers and how they looked so i wanted to do the swap. ~Cole~
            2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

So should i get his harness from him and he from me? Would his factory harness just plug into the harness from my pre'97 tails and work. I understand i have to do a little rewire but would he have to also? Thanks Guys~Cole~

Comment

I'm the same way... I'd trade my 98 tail lights for 93-96. Only problem for me are the lenses are deformed a bit from someone running blackouts on my car.

I guess 93-96 guys like the extra amber, but for me personally I wanna ditch the amber for just 2 colors. Tint the red and leave the clear alone. Maybe if I have time wire up some sequential blinkers.
                \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

I like my taillights just the way they are, i prefer the newer ones. It's a little silly to go the other way IMO but to each his own. :)
                  -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

too bad its not as easy as the firebirds i think there all the same as for converting them :) i wouldnt mind havin the 98-02 lights for my firebird

Comment

The firebirds just interchange there is noithing to do. I have honeycombs on my 95 formula, all i did was swamp them.
                      1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
                      Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                        Good to see the site is back up
                        by 2.8 Bird
                        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                        1 day ago
                      • FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X