Blue Coral Wash & Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Coral Wash & Wax

Anyone ever heard of it? Is it any good?

I just bought some at fred meyer because it was cheap and looked like it would last the longest.

I was previously using dawn for washing my car, but i was dissappointed in how much i had to wax my car. i buffed my hood with an electric buffer, and when i sprayed it down, it beaded and quickly ran off the hood... after just ONE WASH with dawn, i noticed the effect was less apparent when i rinsed it.

Now i don't expect this stuff to wax my car, i just want to know if it's better than dawn at least..
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Blue Coral Wash & Wax

yes, your not even suppose to use dish soap to wash your car.

i use meguires gold class, or NXT, but i have used regular blue coral wash, and it wasnt bad, but the meguires leaves a better shine

Comment

yeah i heard dishwash soap wasn't good for the finish, but my dad convinced me at least until that experiance ^^^ that it would take enough washes to strip the wax that i would be waxing again anyway. And well, after that i decided i would let him use dawn on his cars, but i would use car washing soap on mine.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

dont use dawn on cars because the clear coat is a oil based product the chemicals in dawn strip it away

over the summer i worked in a detail shop and i did this sentra se-r that got destroyed from dawn. the paint was completely ruined. It was had a chalky oxidized finish and it was only an '03
        K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

Re: Blue Coral Wash &amp; Wax

well then i guess it's a good thing i only used dawn a few times, and a good thing i got some real car wash stuff agian.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
            yeah i heard dishwash soap wasn't good for the finish, but my dad convinced me at least until that experiance ^^^ that it would take enough washes to strip the wax that i would be waxing again anyway. And well, after that i decided i would let him use dawn on his cars, but i would use car washing soap on mine.

Hahah, yea.. fathers advice FTL there i guess. I use the NXT stuff and it seems to be pretty good.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

I've used the blue coral polish on my car before, and it looks amazing. Also make sure to wax after it if your just using the polish. I do wash with nxt wash, polish with blue coral, and wax with nxt tech wax.
              2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

alright, my dad is a member of another forum, and after sharing my experiance he decided to look into it a bit more. He asked and a few guys on there posted in saying Murphey's oil soap is what they swear by and would never use anything else. it's some kind of wood cleaner, obv oil based. They say they only use it because it doesn't scratch, anyone else ever heard of using this stuff?
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  1 week ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  4 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X