A few plans...looking for suggestions. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few plans...looking for suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few plans...looking for suggestions.

Okay. 2 things i'm wanting to do.

1) Clear/Black signal lenses. I'm just not sure what would go better with the overall scheme. Clear or black? I'm leaning toward black but im not sure.

2) Hockey Stripes. Would these look good? Also, I planned on getting Silver Metallic and then also getting silver metallic for my bumper fill-ins from the same place (current ones are peeling) and that way it would match perfectly. BUT, my dad says I need to get red. Personally, I think it would look dumb. Black on red red looks good, but red on black? Bleh....plus im trying to go with the stealthy, badass looks not all flashy.

Opinions?
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Re: A few plans...looking for suggestions.

definitely stick with a black/siver theme. hockey stripes would look nice, but thats a matter of personal preference. for the corners, id say go with clear corners.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I'd go with clear corners. The black ones would just disappear on the car. As for the hockey stripes, they're a must! The silver would look awesome on that car!!
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

definitely go with the corner blackouts. Especially since you have the blackouts on the tails. If you're going to go with clears up front you should do altezzas out back. Just so they match. It looks good so far though!

Comment

drop it...looks like ur back end it jacked up in that first pic

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Hmm, I like the black/silver look ... I wonder why LOL I would also do the black signals too, and definitely lower it.

The hockey stripes always look good also.
            1998 Firebird w/ LS1 & A Few Mods<br /><br />Pictures--&gt;<a href=\"http://www.fad2blk.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fad2blk.smugmug.com</a>

Comment

I would agree with the silver hockey strips and I would recommend getting the corner light housing that is both, clear and black. I think that combo would fit your car nicely:)
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

o would go for nite shading the signals... front and rear.... and then an aftermarket hood.... i wouldnt put any stripes on a black car, i would keep it as black as i could with the exception of things that are supposed to stick out, like wheels...... good job so far....

Comment

I would probably go with black for the signals, or you could get the ones blackmaro has, with a clear lens and black behind. Other than that, i would say stay away from hockey stripes on the black. I'm not a fan of hockeys anyway, but on black i think it would look worse.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

So, basically the concensus is: DO WHAT YOU WANT ! !
                    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Yeah...

Im still not sure what I want to do. I've had quiet a few people tell me the stripes would looks awesome on my car, but ive also had an equal amount of people tell me not to..

btw, car is on a hill in the first pic, thats why the rear is high.
                      1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X