side molding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side molding?

If i take this side molding off of my car is it gonna leave the paint uneven, spots, or residue behind? if it does leave a residue will it come off easy?

Re: side molding?

this was JUST in another thread. you wouldn't even have to search..it's like 4 threads down..

get it wet or hot and pull it off, it's stuck on with double sided tape. If there is any residue left over, it should come off easy.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Hey mr thegr8Schlotzky you didn't even know what anyone was talking about in that thread (Re: Side molding off or on? what is the side molding...? ) so i wasn't wanting an answer from you. and also there was nothing mentioned about any paint change. trust me i would not have asked the question if i didn't need to see if my paint would be darker underneath. i know how you all get about the search thing.

Comment

Originally posted by coburnaburna
        Hey mr thegr8Schlotzky you didn't even know what anyone was talking about in that thread (Re: Side molding off or on? what is the side molding...? ) so i wasn't wanting an answer from you. and also there was nothing mentioned about any paint change. trust me i would not have asked the question if i didn't need to see if my paint would be darker underneath. i know how you all get about the search thing.
        settle down killer... this threads gonna get closed... All the other guy was saying is you should read the other thread, if theres no answer, you can post your question there if you had to, or better yet, search. This has been discussed.
        2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

I know man but my question wasn't answered in the other thread. i wish i could directly ask someone a question.

Comment

the paint color is likely to be a different color beneath the molding do to the sun fading the rest of the paint. however, unless your car sits in the sun every hour of every day, it should blend fairly well. you will be able to tll but youll have to be looking for it. if there is any adhesive left on the car, something like goo gone and a plastic squeegie should take it right off.

Comment

Originally posted by coburnaburna
              If i take this side molding off of my car is it gonna leave the paint uneven, spots, or residue behind? if it does leave a residue will it come off easy?
              It seems kinda hit or miss on this. Mine came off fine, didn't have any kind of fading, but my car is silver. A buddy from another board took his off, and there isn't any clear coat under his. If your car was ever painted, they might not have taken those off to paint, so you might have another color under there. Just be ready for anything.

The left over 3M tape came off with my thumb. Then I took it down to the car wash to pressure wash off the years of dirt that was under there. Then brought it home and hand washed, looks great.

Rob
              \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

I've taken the side moldings off both my camaro and firebird. The paint was just fine beneth the moldings. I had to work to remove all the adhesive. If you decide to take yours off and the paint is not right, you could always stick the moldings back on to cover everything back up.

Comment

damn noobs r so angry now-a-days...like every1 says hit or miss...

87 Firebird RIP
                  96 Camaro RS RIP
                  94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                  02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

does it even matter that i didn't know what it was? I still answered your question from reading the other thread..
                    sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X