the worste part of t-tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the worste part of t-tops

well my labor day was a rainy dreary day and some of that rain ended up inside my car yep t-tops leak! anybody else have this problem and what did u do to fix it cuz today it was hot and my car was shutup all day today and when i opend it up yuck! it smelt bad cuz of the wet seat and carpet! tips,thoughts and ideas would be appreciated!

Re: the worste part of t-tops

I have a MINOR leak now. It used to be pretty bad... But I used some RTV Silicone adhesive that we use at work for vacuum purposes, and it seemed to help a bit. I have to redo it though, it still gets a few drops in when its really pooring hard, or high pressure washes.
    2000 Camaro 3.8 <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040383\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040383</a>

Comment

Yeah I hated that about my firebird I had. Now I have a hard top camaro though is miss them sometimes it's not worth all the trouble.

Comment

i had an inch of water in my backseat when i first got myne :( sucked u gotta adjust every little bit of weather stripign even on the ttops theres little screws so u can take it out and move it ...takes awhiel but ull get it
        <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

when i know its going to rain(like pouring down rain) i lay out a towel on my drivers side seat and let that soak the water. mine only leaks when its pouring rain, not light rain. it leaks where the drivers side t-top meets the top left corner(sitting in drivers seat looking forward) of the front windshield. but i used some sealant and it doesnt leak as much.
          \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

thats exactly where myne was leaking... it sucked it took awhile to soak up and smells horrible.. might get a new carpet eventually.. but liek i said gotta adjust the fu!k outa it... im still not 100% leak free...gettign there though
            <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

My t-tops doesnt leak but i hate em.....yes, you heard right.....I hate t-tops ........ my next camaro is deff. soild roof........they are too much trouble and takes too long to put on or take off.....if you have leaking one, doesn't it sucks when u open the car in the morning and see ur seat is all wet? Then you have to put plastic on the seat so that the seats doesn't make your pant (skirt) wet? ..... :sigh: t-tops :tdown:
              Last edited by kala; 09-05-2006, 11:43 PM.
              09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
              sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

i agree that there a pain to take on and off but i sure do enjoy them in a nice cool breezy nite cruise thats the best thing bout the t-tops

Comment

pain to take off? they are SO FREAKING HEAVY arent they? i have to do a few arm stretches each time before i take mine off or else i get arm pump, and muscle aches in my arms. my god, bunch of babies in here. waaah! waaah!

if their such a pain, DONT TAKE THEM OFF!!!
                  there you have it, my .02
                  \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

i didnt say they were heavy and i like my t-tops

Comment

i have leaking t-tops on both sides..Driver and passenger front corner and passenger rear corner...I just replaced all my t-top weather stripping and i am still leaking..I am thinking that the t-top itself is the problem i have..I think on the ends where it looks like the rubber has eatin itself away or rotted kinda..I think it soaks in on those spots when it rains really hard causing it to get so full that it evetually starts to leak it because it cant soak up anymore...thats my .02 sinch i have bougth brand new weatherstripping

Comment

Originally posted by 99 RS Camaro
                        when i know its going to rain(like pouring down rain) i lay out a towel on my drivers side seat and let that soak the water. mine only leaks when its pouring rain, not light rain. it leaks where the drivers side t-top meets the top left corner(sitting in drivers seat looking forward) of the front windshield. but i used some sealant and it doesnt leak as much.
                        x2, i'm gonna try some vaselene, and garage kept ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V6
                          i had an inch of water in my backseat when i first got myne :( sucked u gotta adjust every little bit of weather stripign even on the ttops theres little screws so u can take it out and move it ...takes awhiel but ull get it

wholly crap gang....this threads timing is absolutely perfect.
                          today i was pulling some wiring under the carpet and it came out wet....HUH?

pulled the rear seat bottoms and sure enough..little lakes back there under the cushions.
                          popped out the rubber grommets and the water FLOWED out..
                          right now i have the doors open, truck lid up, cushions out, and 2 fans blowing into the interior....

does anybody have a write up or howto to tighten/adjust the t tops???? PLEASE!
                          thanks.

Comment

Hahahahaha, thats what you get for having a fake convertible :p

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                            R.I.P. '07 Pats
                            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                              Good to see the site is back up
                              by 2.8 Bird
                              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                              6 hours ago
                            • FirebirdGT
                              New Site Hosting Issues
                              by FirebirdGT
                              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                              1 week ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X