Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Trip Kits

Hi
    Anyone used one of these interior dash trim kits for the 98-02 Firebird. Wood, Aluminum etc. Seen one on Ebay (item 120027873023). thinking about the Aluminum finish to break up all that grey plastic. Anyone with real experience good or bad.

Thanks
    Vic

Re: Interior Trip Kits

My dad got one for his Lincoln LS. It looks better than stock probably, but you can still tell they are stickers, he got brushed aluminum.

It looked better i guess i should say, because after just a few months, a few of the stickers are starting to separate and come off where he mounted them, mainly the ones around the tweeters, but the rest of them seem to be staying on okay. I personally would start painting things because those stickers will never cover and look as good as paint, but sure you can't get brushed aluminum paint..

I haven't seen it on firebirds, but i wouldn't suggest it from my experiance with those kits in general.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Wait.... they're stickers???

Comment

i assume that's what those ones are, i'm not sure what else they would be..

my dad's is a super thin layer of aluminum that is brushed and sticky on one side, so basically a sticker.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          i assume that's what those ones are, i'm not sure what else they would be..

my dad's is a super thin layer of aluminum that is brushed and sticky on one side, so basically a sticker.

Oh.. ok thats what I thought it was..

I thought it was literally... like... a sticker.

Comment

yeah i just called it a sticker, cuz you can hardly call it aluminum since it's so thin, and sticky on one side..but yeah, it's sticky aluminum i guess..
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
              yeah i just called it a sticker, cuz you can hardly call it aluminum since it's so thin, and sticky on one side..but yeah, it's sticky aluminum i guess..

so its like a sticker, but you can bend it, and it stays in place. really thin

I know exactly what you are talking about.

Comment

i dont really liek them to much..imo they look kinda cheap and i dont think they fit well with fbodys ..not being a **** but they go more with the tuner cars or whatever... liek ricey civics.. but who knows.. if u do it get some pics i might be wrong
                <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

I wouldn't use a sticker unless it was high quality and had an exact fit for our cars. I've seen carbon fiber interior trim pieces that replace stock pieces, I believe they were at RkSport I may be wrong though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                    Good to see the site is back up
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                    1 day ago
                  • FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X