thinking about going LeMans Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about going LeMans Blue

hey guys. lately i've been giving some thought about painting my car LeMans Blue(C6 Corvette color). if i do, it'll be myself along with my dad who is more car knowledgeable than me. by me and my dad doing it, we would obviously save a lot of money, but i would still like to get a figure about the expense of this. are GM dealers my only option from ordering the LeMans Blue paint? any idea about how much it would cost price wise to paint my car with me and my dad doing it? is there a way to side step purchasing the actual "LeMans Blue" by purchasing a color paint that is cheaper in yet extremely(and i do mean extremely, almost exactly the same) close to "LeMans Blue" color? last but not least, do you think it'll look good on a 4th gen Camaro? i'd be very grateful for any input:).
    1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Re: thinking about going LeMans Blue

i say do it
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

actually GM dealers only sell 1/2 oz. bottles. you would b better off finding a body shop supply shop and ordering it from them all you need is the paint code. which is wa 933L or 19u. all you need is that and they can mix you up some with some computer database thing they have that tells them how to make it.
      96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Wow, that sounds like a big undertasking.. has your dad painted a car before?

Be sure to have lots of pics before and after, ok? :)

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
        R.I.P. '07 Pats
        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

is that the bright blue? I would love to see that on a camaro!
          x2 on the before and after pics, maybe some during too!
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

yes, my dad has done a full paint job on both a car and a truck. so getting the actual task done isn't really an issue. it's just a matter of finding a place that can make the paint, and hopefully not too expensive. i really hope that i can do this, it looks like a color that would look BEAUTIFUL on a Camaro. after that i wouldn't mind getting some chrome C6 Z06 rims :).
            1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

Electron Blue is vastly superior to LeMans.
              1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

^ You are so wrong its not even funny

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                R.I.P. '07 Pats
                Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

you should be looking in the range of $1000 + for sure. I helped my buddy strip down his whole car, sanded the whole f'n thing, primered it, wetsanded it, more wetsanding, more wetsanding, then it finally was ready to go to paint. Its a big task and took us several days to complete, even with 3 or 4 people working on it for about 6~8 hours
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I think it would look great. Do it. good luck.
                    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

I doubt $1000 if they do it themselves. It would be a LOT of labor though, and especially if you painted all the door jambs and engine compartment and all body panels. I'd give it 500 bucks and a week of work on the side.
                      \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X