Painted the Stockers black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted the Stockers black

Seen some other people did it so i figured id give it a shot. 1 coat primer/2 coats black/2 coats clear. Car is filthy and need washed badly though. im pretty happy with it, i like the overall look. just need some black halos now.

<a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Re: Painted the Stockers black

Paint the damn lug covers. :p

Along with many other ideas, I have tossed around the idea of doing this to mine but I don't think it would work on my car. Looks good for your hough.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Looks good. Did you have to sand the wheels down first?

Comment

looks good, they're not the easyest thing to paint becuase of the desgin of the rim. nice job. i like the way the car looks now, with the stock headlight, looks good with the grill and clear coners. id leave it alone. great looking car.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG

Along with many other ideas, I have tossed around the idea of doing this to mine but I don't think it would work on my car. Looks good for your hough.
          I personally think it would look awesome, i'm a sucker for black rims though.

OP- your car is sitting lowwwwwwwww. Good job, looks sweet. Black halos would be killer :tup:
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by loser
            looks good, they're not the easyest thing to paint becuase of the desgin of the rim. nice job. i like the way the car looks now, with the stock headlight, looks good with the grill and clear coners. id leave it alone. great looking car.
            I agree with loser
            -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

looks great, what'd you paint with? spray can, or did you shoot it with an air paint gun? tell us some details on how you did it, i'm veryinterested in doing the samething.

Comment

looks great. any more details on this, did you have to take the tires off the rims to do it? make a writeup, I'm interested in trying this too :P
                2001 Arctic White Camaro- Stock atm

Comment

sand and paint just like anything else. i plan on re-doing mine over the winter, i think im going to primer and prep them myself, then have a body shop just shoot some base coats and some clear on them. and i'll actually put some work into polishing the lips this time. did you just do the little lip or the big and little lip? kinda hard to tell from the pics.

1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG

i like the lugs. i think it would blend nicely with your car.

its reallly not that hard to do. i pulled the wheels off, hosed them down then sprayed them with degreaser. let them sit for 5 mins and then rinsed again. then washed them with regular car wash(both the front and inside). then wet sanded with 400 grit sand paper(took forever). then dried them off really well. after that i taped the lip off with 2 in masking tape. then put little slices , almost making little tabs so i could pull the tape down onto the tires. then put taped all around the rim(basicly ontop of the tire). then spray away. i used krylon fusion primer, paint and clear. i debated about using engine paint but it doesnt come out as nice.

the car is extremly low. there spring tech springs they say 2" drop, but seems like alot more.

i just did the little lip.
                    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

What kind of paint did you use though? spray paint? flat black, gloss black?
                      2001 Arctic White Camaro- Stock atm

Comment

Originally posted by v6noob
                        What kind of paint did you use though? spray paint? flat black, gloss black?
                        Krylon fusion spray paint. gloss black and gloss clear.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                          Good to see the site is back up
                          by 2.8 Bird
                          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                          1 day ago
                        • FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X