good shift boots for auto and manual - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good shift boots for auto and manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good shift boots for auto and manual

www.redlinegoods.com

I've searched and searched on here and haven't really found a site that's worth a damn for shift boots, so i went searching on my own. Pretty quickly I came up with this site. That lightning auto customs site that comes up the most makes crappy looking shift boots in my opinion.

Look at the leather in the pictures on this site. It's Italian calfskin leather, and it looks it. You can choose from a number of colors for stitching, which also looks very good

Hopefully the real thing will turn out as good as the pictures. I just ordered a shift boot, e-brake boot, and console cover. $126 shipped for all that, but you can pick and choose what you want. I got black leather with red piping (which makes it more expensive) and red stitching as well.

If you have an automatic, just order for your year and write in the comments section "AUTOMATIC SHIFT BOOT."

I'm not recommending them as of yet, as I haven't received my order, but I will give an update on my satisfaction with this product and site. In fact, if I like them enough I'll probably go through a lot of old posts on here and update them with the new info :D
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Re: good shift boots for auto and manual

dont see any pics of the automatic ones but they do look pretty good
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

I just placed an order for a carbon fiber manual boot with red stitiching - will be interesting how it comes out as well.

Comment

heres a picture of their site...

It looks pretty good but they cost $40.

Loochy and someone else on the board also have shift boots for their automatics if you guys search.

EDIT: heres the thread.. http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...t=shifter+boot site http://lightningautocustoms.com/97-0...c_retrofit.htm ($20 for shift boot)
        Last edited by gugdathug3; 09-10-2006, 11:41 PM.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Good find. I was just starting to look around for one of these! thanks!
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

gugdathug: I know about that site, and as I said in my first post, those shift boots look like a$$. That's why I posted a link to this site.

you get what you pay for!

:)

And Loochy I believe made his own custom shift boot, and I admire that, but I don't really want to spend the time to do it.
            Last edited by Camarorulz; 09-11-2006, 03:39 PM.
            -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

^i didnt actually buy mine though, its homemade.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                1 day ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X