Signal black-outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal black-outs

Well, I had the GTS turn signal balckouts, and some jerk at my school decided it would be fun to steal one. So, I'm thinking of the signal housing blackout things you can get on eBay. I know people have them, but form the pics on there, they almost kinda look like clear corners. I don't want that look, I want the blackout look. I was wondering if you guys could post some pics of them, or tell me if they look like clear corners from any angles. My whole car is black and red colored, so the signals stick out right now, so I need something. And if I get more covers, I'm afraid they'll just get stolen again.

Thanks in advanced.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: Signal black-outs

i bought clear corners and used vht nightshades paint on them for the blacked out look.
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

cant u just use the night shades on the stock orange and red ones?? or does it come out crappy?... i was planing on doing that when i got my car back
      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V6
        cant u just use the night shades on the stock orange and red ones?? or does it come out crappy?... i was planing on doing that when i got my car back
        Well, I don't want to take mine apart to Nightshade them. Plus, I think the black over the orange wouldn't look good, unless you put on enough coats to make them black, but then I think it'd be too much and not let the light shine through. I might try what Tom did, but I can't seem to find any Nightshades anywhere. It's always sold out when I go to buy it. I'll check again.

But still, can someone get some pics of them on their car, and tell me whether or not they look like clearcorners?
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Comment

well, they are clear corners, but w/black housings. if you go to my website, you can see them. i've posted the pic of it like 100 times b/c i'm a pic whore. :) Well... this isn't on my cardomain, so i'll whore my car... again....
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

Thanks. I realize they're clear corners with blackened housings, but I wasn't sure if the clear lense gave off the appearance of the clearcorners, instead of the black. I think I'm going to get them.

EDIT: http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...597_2_full.jpg

I just wanted to make sure that they wouldn't look anything like the ones in there. I know those're clear corners, but I wasn't sure with the clear lense that if in the sunlight it'll look black or not.
            Last edited by RadRacer; 09-11-2006, 08:34 PM.
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Comment

gotcha. at first i didn't like them as much as my old clear corners, but i got used to them, and prefer them on my car now.
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

rad racer your 2nd post is right. i originally blacked out my stockers with vht, it was too dark. buying clear corners and using vht nightshades is where its at.
                1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                1994 Camaro - Sold
                1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Can anyone that has the black background turnsignals post pictures of them lit up? I sure would appreciate it. I also wouldn't mind seeing a pic of one that is Nite-Shade'd that's lit up too. I'm trying to figure out what'll look good when the daytime running lights are on. Thanks...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X