Vinyl restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl restoration

My dash and door panels look OK but I want to do something to make them look brand new again. Does anyone know how products like this work?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...001149/c-10101

I figure black is black, but who knows. Any opinions from experienced detailers?

I was thinking that if the color matches exactly enough I could even use it to spot treat the vinyl in my interior.

Maybe perhaps I need something more like this:

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Prod...roductid=D9087
    Last edited by Camarorulz; 09-11-2006, 07:56 PM.
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Re: Vinyl restoration

I have never really heard of anyone using those. You may be the first to try. Post the outcome if you use either or both.

I just use WD-40 on my dash to make it shine. Then again, my car gets less than 1,500 miles on it a year and sits in a garage most of the time. So cleaning the dash is a "once a year" process for me.
    sigpic

Comment

just buy a can of vinyl dye spray from walmart for a lot cheaper, just make sure you clean the surface real well before hand. i wouldnt recommend this for seats or anything real high traffic but for door panels should work fine

Comment

WD-40 I've heard is not good for vinyl. I would not leave it on my dash. It does shine really well though, I've used it to clean the dash before. I wouldn't leave it on though.
        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X