the PROPER way to remove stock camaro grill. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the PROPER way to remove stock camaro grill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the PROPER way to remove stock camaro grill.

i know this is usually done by just yanking it off, and i also relize that most people use that methold. but i personally didnt want my bumper being bent and twisted. so heres the "right" way to get it off. thought maybe it'll help people in the times to come. maybe even put it in the sticky?

1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Re: the PROPER way to remove stock camaro grill.

I cut mine off with side cutters. **** pulling and stretching the bumper.

I do tell everyone to pull though :D
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
      I cut mine off with side cutters. **** pulling and stretching the bumper.

I do tell everyone to pull though :D
      i watched some one do it and no way was i gonna do that to my front bumper. figured other people might care too. sorry its crooked guys, didnt put it in the scanner 100% straight, oh well.
      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by loser
        i know this is usually done by just yanking it off, and i also relize that most people use that methold. but i personally didnt want my bumper being bent and twisted. so heres the "right" way to get it off. thought maybe it'll help people in the times to come. maybe even put it in the sticky?

you bought a billet grille didin;t you :)

i think mine came with the same isntructions

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
        Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
        http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

hahaha yea i did, i was gonna snap some pics but didnt bother. im going to order clear coners soon, and get some more wax and actually leave my driveway and take some pictures. ill whore out the car then.

Comment

theres a more proper way of doing it.

you have to take off the whole front bumper cover and then you can get in and remove the fasteners instead of cutting em.

this is ideal since you can put it back on if you change your mind.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic
              theres a more proper way of doing it.

you have to take off the whole front bumper cover and then you can get in and remove the fasteners instead of cutting em.

this is ideal since you can put it back on if you change your mind.

this is true, but more work/time.

Comment

cutting? f that! me and my buddy took his off in less than 3 minutes. all it is, is like 6 plastic clips. pull the outside ones first, lift up on the middle, pop,pop,pop,pop, done.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                  cutting? f that! me and my buddy took his off in less than 3 minutes. all it is, is like 6 plastic clips. pull the outside ones first, lift up on the middle, pop,pop,pop,pop, done.
                  and the bumper wiggles and twists, no thanks. probally took me about 3 minutes to get mine off too, and my bumper was still the whole time.

edit: pop,pop,pop FTL

Comment

didnt twist or wiggle when we did it..

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

i just took a flathead screwdriver and wrapped a dry towel around it, then popped out the plastic clips. :) i was scared for a second because i heard of some cases when people took their grill out and it spiderwebbed the paint. but it didnt happen at all. came right out
                      02 Camaro:<br />Whisper Lid, Cat-Back Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Glow Gauges

Comment

hey loser, you should take your car to some hills for the pictures ;) hahaha jk
                        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

is there no "right" way to do this?? like maybe the way a chevy garage would do it??

Comment

Am I the only one that sees nothing in the first post but him saying he's going to post the right way to do it but there are like no pics/link?

Did the pics/link disappear or what?

Comment

holy old thread batman.

the "right" way is to take the bumper off and get all the clips from the back.

pulling the grill does NOTHING to the bumper. the only adverse effect would be that it pretty much renders the old grill useless because the tabs are broken off.
                              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                              2006 S60- Sold
                              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X