rust sealing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rust sealing?

If you just spray paint over a rusted spot will that keep it from growing?
    Or do you need to brush off the rust and apply some kind of rust sealer?
    not on my exterior body paint OF COURSE not!
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Re: rust sealing?

you need to grind the rust off to bare metal and buy navel jelly (rust disolver) and then prime it and paint it

Comment

painting over rust = rednecks and there ford f150s.... lol yeah u gotta scrape it all off and seal it, sides if u just paint over it ud still be able to see the lumpy **** in the paint..
      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

POR 15. Brush on the prep cleaner and brush on the epoxy. It dries like a rock and keeps rust from spreading. You can buy it in a small kit for about $20.
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I'm talking about on the frame.
          It doesnt have to be all clear coated and pretty.
          thanks
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X